Forums / Discussion / General

232,594 total conversations in 7,776 threads

+ New Thread

What do you feel about your Profile Pic?

Last posted Mar 05, 2015 at 01:58AM EST. Added Feb 25, 2015 at 06:21PM EST
88 posts from 85 users

…. Or should I say, what does your profile picture make you feel about yourself?

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, because I notice that I perceive myself (well, my internet self) differently based on my avatar. Like, if I have a cute, feminine avatar, I feel like I'm extra sweet and girly for some reason. XD Or if I have a kinda sexy avatar (like my last one basically) I feel like I'm all cool somehow and my esteem gets raised…

Anyone else experience this? Or is this just me?

As much as I like my current avatar, it's giving me an indentity crisis. My new avatar is kinda like that mild tempered, smart, girl-next door type… And that's not really me at all. I always thought of my internet self as a more extroverted version of me who can actually say what I want without it coming out as unintelligible umms and filler words….

But now my internet self feels like a different person, purely because of my avatar. Maybe I should change it, it feels weird…

Last edited Feb 25, 2015 at 06:40PM EST

My profile picture and profile music usually reflects on how I feel.
Asui, the frog girl who is my profile pic, looks silly and cute. Kind of hard to take me seriously with it as my avatar, right?

I, also, change music and profile pics when I find something that I just had to put on my profile. (e.g. Music I love or find catchy. Picture that's cute or depicts my favorite character.)

Rarely, I change my name for a while. Like, I was Kurenai for a bit. Changed to Hot Blooded Warrior when I got Warlord of Draenor hype, a contrast to my old user name The Frosty Lich.
(Lich being a cold undead mage, while a warrior is typically hotblooded living soldier.)
Even replaced my avatar with Grommash Hellscream gif from Lords of War

So, um, yeah. Everything really depends on how I feel or what I've seen that day/week.

I'm giving up on my new avatar…. Makes me feel like a different person but in a bad way. Back to another sexy-self-esteem-boosting avatar.

Cecaelia Girlie wrote:

I'm giving up on my new avatar…. Makes me feel like a different person but in a bad way. Back to another sexy-self-esteem-boosting avatar.

Always got to find that one that fits your mood JUST right.

It's my oc persona; a manifestation of my own demeanor (drawn by my sister. She's an awesome artist). It shows that I'm your typical edge/emo fag with no sense of style, complete with a black-and-red color scheme. People always judge me for what it looks like.
And I couldn't be any happier with it. You know why? Because I feel content that I'm able to show what I really am instead of change myself for the sake of other people's approval.
What I'm trying to hint as is that you shouldn't pretend to be something that you aren't. Act the way you feel, because if you hide away what you are, you might not be able to find your true self ever again.

Last edited Feb 25, 2015 at 07:33PM EST

I like it. its a good compliment for my behavior.

its cute and cuddly and of my waifu.
I am rather rude and sarcastic.

plus I think its funny to hear my own words come out of such an adorable drawing.

I've never put much thought into my profile pic, but now that I think about it most of them are sorta based on a cocky attitude, Excluding Booker. But as for what I feel about myself… not much, my self esteem doesn't get boosted or anything. As usually after an amount of time has passed, I almost always strive to destroy my interest persona. I don't know why I do it, but it's what I do.

Last edited Feb 25, 2015 at 08:41PM EST

I really identify with Spider-Man it's almost Uncanny how similar my life went in comparison to his (of course minus the spider powers). And I also like to tease and be a dick so kinda just how I feel I guess.

Spider-UK fits me even more since I myself am from the UK.

Last edited Feb 25, 2015 at 08:43PM EST

It serves as a reminder that I rely on really bad avatar creation suites to develop a visual representation of myself, and any ridicule that derives from it is completely of my own fault.
It continues to remind me that I will never be respected or taken seriously due to the simple fact that I failed to utilize my creativity to produce a unique icon made in my image that serves to define me and everything I stand for.

After changing my avatar a few times, I decided to just pick an avatar and stick with it. Crimson Locks references my red hair that is somewhat an identifying trait for me, and Ariel is in a way my "online identity". I found my current avatar and particularly liked it, so I stuck with it. Don't plan on changing it anytime soon.

This avatar captures my sarcastic/snarky side pretty well, but I don't find it to really encapsulate my whole identity. I've never found my avatars affected how I viewed myself very much.

I've wanted to stick with a single avatar, but I'll find another one and want to change it. I like the one I have now so hopefully it sticks.

I chose Ephraiam, because he is my favorite character from Sacred Stones :>

>not Innes >not Ross

Lich wrote:

Always got to find that one that fits your mood JUST right.

I have a folder with a shit ton of smug anime faces and I still can't find one I like. Being a weeaboo is suffering.

Last edited Feb 25, 2015 at 10:01PM EST

"Come, follow me into a world of half-baked game mechanics and walking dicks any creation your mind can create."
In all seriousness, though, I think it reflects my tendency to run off on a tangent, some measure of creativity, and my mediocre sense of humor.

And I couldn't find an accurate avatar, so there's that.

Who needs creativity nowadays?
Although I must say, it really reflects how I feel on certain subjects like: sjw controversies, stupid things over Internet, Don's worshipers Internet's drama, the current situation in my hometown, etc. etc.

My avatar was made a la South Park, because I think I'm the only guy who has one of those, and really is simple and effective for my purpose. The End.

I totally know how that feel Girlie. An av can make you feel like everything you wish you were or all your best aspects extended onto the internet and can make you feel more feminine and stuff.

For a long time I've stuck to Lana from HW avs and will continue to do so. I use her because she's coot, I need to stick to something, and the IRC convinced me to. To be honest though, the av that felt the most like me was when I had Melia from Xenoblade (which is weird because I don't really identify with her character, I just admire it). I was planning on staying with it too but like I said the IRC convinced me to stay with Lana (I'm not really complaining though). And it's not like I need to stay 100% dedicated to just one image of Lana or just Lana. Like right now I'm mixing it up in fact and I'll continue to mix it up.

I actually just stumbled upon this gif purely by accident and thought to myself "Well that's basically perfect, and I had a fun time with the show so why the hell not?". But now I've had it for so long that I feel attached to Ruby. It's not that I identify with her character, it's more that I just associate Ruby with my name now and no one else has her consistently for an avatar. So if I ever change it in the future (which isn't likely but you never know) it'll almost definitely be a gif of Ruby.

I always choose Gorillaz' avatars because I really like Gorillaz.
Nothing too complicated about that.
Although I guess I have a preference to Murdoc/2D avs as opposed to Russell/Noodle avs.

This avatar is like someone who is into flowers (see background), but is also who is more of a hopeful person and into the brightest things.

This avatar was created using FaceYourManga, oops. But for some reason, I kind of feel inspired by this avatar.

It's a smug anime face I have saved as "StuG anime face" and I feel like it gives people the wrong idea sometimes.

My Steam/Skype avatar is mainly just for fun and I find it funny.

After ungodly amounts of mourning for the loss of my copy of "Animal Crossing: Wild World" years ago, I decided my new avatar should just pay tribute to exactly that. Rest In Peace, Bob. May your soul find peace.

Last edited Feb 26, 2015 at 02:36AM EST

Well I chose it to see if there any similarities between me and it. Let me list the reasons why I chose this one:
1: we're mexican
2: it's funny like me
3: it fits my username
But I'm not sure if it display my online persona, hmm…

My avatar actually makes me feel a bit constrained. I've used Hatsune Miku avatars for the past three years, and eventually people started knowing me by my avatar. Especially after I settled to Miku with eyeglasses.

I feel I can't change it to anything else by now.

Well, I've only used two avatars since I joined KYM, and both of them are Turok-related. But why Turok? Is it because it is my favorite franchise of all time? Yes, that's a fact. But there's something else. It's simply to remind me of the past and the good ol' days well spent, and mostly because it was the first series that introduced me to complex stories, which eventually made me persuade a career in literature.

Hell, I went too deep in this. That's ok.

I just like the Evil side more than Good side. Otherwise Evil Genius wouldn't be one of my favorite games.
And yes, To no surprise, Bowser's my favorite character. I just feel a bit better to represent myself as Bowser.

Last edited Feb 26, 2015 at 01:53PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!