Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,712 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

World War KYM

Last posted Jun 17, 2012 at 09:54PM EDT. Added May 20, 2012 at 12:57AM EDT
356 posts from 24 users

If you've ever played a nations game, you'll get this easily enough. For the rest:

Every player (nation) will attempt to conquer the map (below). Each turn, a player can attack two territories in hopes of conquering them, the success of which is based on statistics of a nation, such as the economy, stability, size, available military forces, etc.: Information regarding such features of the nation will be reported. Hidden bonuses will be provided for those who have excelled in certain areas. Each turn, a player will make a series of four actions (Not counting an attack) that to try and improve his nation, and therefor, his ability to win.

For example, Player 1's report says that his economy has grown as a result of a tax reduction on small businesses, but his military is short handed from a failed attack. The growth in wealth could be diverted towards the military, resulting in the ability to attack with greater success next time, but resulting in short-changing the local defense.

Another thing; none of this information will be publicly available. Only the player himself will know the statistics of his nation. The others must determine for themselves the state of the other nations, be it that one openly shares it or bluffs like shit.

There will be no more than ten players. Select a color and one of the highlighted areas, along with the name of your Nation, and whatever cool facts you have about it.

Green lines are transit for islands. Attacks can only be made on territories adjacent to a player territory or connected with a transit line. They will all be labeled later for ease of direction.

Last edited May 20, 2012 at 12:59AM EDT

I'm the state in Australia. Colour: Green.

I'll call it The Enzyme Empire if names are included.

Last edited May 20, 2012 at 01:05AM EDT

GIANTDAD wrote:

Can i be china?

There is no China. You can be one of the highlighted areas. Make your own country.

The map is earth with adjustments because I am laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy.

The doctor is in!

I'll take the south African North African one
My color is gold
The country's name is The Democratic People's Republic of Lower Trollandia

Last edited May 20, 2012 at 02:33AM EDT

Papa Coolface wrote:

The doctor is in!

I'll take the south African North African one
My color is gold
The country's name is The Democratic People's Republic of Lower Trollandia

The Southern Africa one has already been taken by RPP.

madcat wrote:

The Southern Africa one has already been taken by RPP.

Then I shall take North Africa and rule the desert like the guy from Dune!

Quantum Meme wrote:

Am I allowed to make another British empire and own you all?

ur jus gonna be anothr countrie in tha russian empire singin doish lan doish lan we luv u

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Dammit, all slots taken. I'm too slow >_<

(In case I'm wrong: Color: BSOD blue, Territory: New Zealand, Name: New Dividebyzeroland)

You made it in time, but you have to take a yellow area. By default, you have Atlantis.

madcat wrote:

You made it in time, but you have to take a yellow area. By default, you have Atlantis.

Which is a lot like New Zealand: It's tropical, small, and ambiguously existent.

angstyHoodie wrote:

I'll take Canada, I'll name it….

Canada.

And my color shall be plaid.

You are going to be lavender because plaid is a pattern.

As for the last few, Max Crobar failed to make a valid change, so the three or so still wanting in can take a spot in Iraq or North-East Greenland.

Cale wrote:

You are going to be lavender because plaid is a pattern.

As for the last few, Max Crobar failed to make a valid change, so the three or so still wanting in can take a spot in Iraq or North-East Greenland.

Dibs on Iraq.
Palatinate of Assyria.
Colour: Dark Green

Last edited May 20, 2012 at 09:55AM EDT

I'd give people a couple more hours to join to take up greenland. Plus I'm going to bed right now, I wont PM you till tomorrow.

From what I understand:

2 attack moves against two seperate nations (methods how unknown at this point)

4 moves to improve own nations (what needs improving is unknown at this point)

Any chance you can elaborate a bit more on what our nations current status is? E.G: Do we have a standing army? Do we have an existing economy? Anything wrong with it?

Fuck I forgot the introduction report.

Yeah there will be a bit more information when I pass those out.

But to answer your first question, it's a simple direction of your military, or perhaps whatever other methods, to move on an adjacent territory. The fight is determined by the state of your nation, depending on what you do to affect said nation. I don't really know how to explain it better.

Last edited May 20, 2012 at 01:03PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!