Forums / Media / Video Games

38,605 total conversations in 2,698 threads

+ New Thread

What's yer favorite video game song

Last posted Aug 26, 2014 at 11:25PM EDT. Added Aug 03, 2014 at 10:56AM EDT
55 posts from 45 users

Either the Morrowind theme, (the Skyrim soundtrack is fantastic too)

Or the Battlefield 1942 theme
link
Damn that gets my blood pumping!

Last edited Aug 26, 2014 at 10:41AM EDT

Three of my favorite tracks come from some of the earliest gaming memories I had on my SNES back when I was four. However for Lorenzo's Soil from Earthworm Jim 2 I used the PS1/PC version as it's the one with the highest sample quality for obvious reasons.

link
link

Last edited Aug 26, 2014 at 10:43AM EDT

The entire soundtrack for Mario & Luigi Dream Team. But the theme song for "Mario & Luigi Dream Team" is one of my absolute favorite soundtrack in the Mario franchise. Helps that Yoko Shimomura did the soundtrack.

The entire soundtrack for Mario & Luigi Dream Team. But the theme song for "Mario & Luigi Dream Team" is one of my absolute favorite soundtrack in the Mario franchise. Helps that Yoko Shimomura did the soundtrack.

Espurr wrote:

Don't forget this gem:

It was my favorite from the game.

Oh god there is so many… I'll pick a few.

The most powerful song in this game. No one soundtrack in any video game I've played captures an alien environment with such a beautiful and mysterious tone. It actually makes me feel like a 90's kid, despite never being one.

link
Another Metroid track. I just adore this techno mix of an already great song.

link
A new favorite from a new game. This is how you start a grand adventure!

link
I only beat the game on Easy Automatic so I cannot even call myself even a slight fan of the series, but I can still love the music. This track pretty much screams Devil May Cry; kicking the butt of scary ass shit.

link
A good game made better with godly chiptune music~

link
What else could possibly fit a serious space war epic?

link
The gameplay was so awful and mindless. I couldn't finish it. The music, however…

link
HNNNNNNNNNNNG the nostalgia. The soundtrack always had a sort of charm to it.

Last edited Aug 26, 2014 at 10:47AM EDT

Capricornicus Genesis wrote:

The most powerful song in this game. No one soundtrack in any video game I've played captures an alien environment with such a beautiful and mysterious tone. It actually makes me feel like a 90's kid, despite never being one.

link

link

link
I only beat the game on Easy Automatic so I cannot even call myself even a slight fan of the series, but I can still love the music. This track pretty much screams Devil May Cry; kicking the butt of scary ass shit.

link

link

link
The gameplay was so awful and mindless. I couldn't finish it. The music, however…

link

I love the whole Metroid Prime OST. Especially the theme.

Capricornicus Genesis wrote:

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

I couldn't agree more with most of your choices. Metroid Prime has one of the best overall soundtracks I've ever heard. It makes the game even better than it already is in my opinion. I actually like MP2 better as a game, but 1 had the best music in my opinion. MP3 was a bit disappointing as a game and n the music department though. Well, for 1, the area themes were by far the best I think. They managed to be catchy and atmospheric.

Dat beat tho…

Just plain great:

link

Also, on the Brinstar Jungle theme, the multiplayer song from MP2 is a remix of that if you didn't know already:

link

Last edited Aug 26, 2014 at 10:49AM EDT

Love that Metroid music. That game apparently knows my style. Makes me wish I had a console to play it on a decade or two ago. But my momma would let me be a cool kid and have one… :P

Anyway…

My favorites are still from some of the first games I played (that had CD music. My first games had MIDI's which weren't as enjoyable)

Descent 2. Redbook Audio was mostly crap except for this one Dark, Ambient, Techno Rock peice

Descent2 is fuckin ooooooooldschool. So old it was the first time I heard Techno Rock. And hearing it for the first time threw the game I played in a whole new atmosphere. Helped that this particular track is first heard in a game level that is as dark as the song itself. As a kid I was in awe of how it sounded

And then there's this from the ancient Wip3Out rip-off known as Rollcage. Smooth, Liquid Electronica

link

Play the game long enough, and this "secret" track would come on. Well wasn't really secret, just the end of the CD playlist. You had to wait through the rest of the soundtrack first. Although not necessarily DnB; It's possibly one of the songs I heard as a kid that influenced my later taste in the genre.

This page is starting to chug. If it gets worse i'll need to some some trimming but I'll wait and see.

I dont know what I was expecting. Also self-moderation ftw -BSOD

Last edited Aug 26, 2014 at 10:48AM EDT

@TripleA9000

Just so you know, spoiler tags apparently don't work. Youtube videos will load entirely behind spoilers contrary to what may have previously been. I could have sworn that it used to work, but my dev tools don't lie – BSOD

Last edited Aug 26, 2014 at 10:40AM EDT

Here is a playlist of a lot of my favorite game pieces. No oldschool though, working on another playlist for that.

Last edited Aug 08, 2014 at 09:22AM EDT

I have probably played hundreds of games in my lifetime. In that time, I've heard thousands of songs, many of which were plain fuckin' awesome, and you want me to pick one favorite? {raffs}

Tell you what, I'll list one of my favorites for various scenarios/moods.

Sneaking:

Going balls out:
link

In a spooky place:
link

In a serene place:
link
Tribal village:
link

Big city:
link

Standard battle theme
link

Epic boss battle
link

Seething hatred:
link

Undying love: (Don't deny it!)
link

Staring death in the face:
link

Being big damn heroes: (Kind of cheating)
link

Would you like me to continue or is this thread laggy enough already?

12 embeds! Were you posting your favorites or just everything you heard? Yes the thread was laggy enough! Please don't do that -BSOD

Last edited Aug 26, 2014 at 11:04AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!