Forums / Media / Video Games

38,605 total conversations in 2,698 threads

+ New Thread

Games I should get for the PS1

Last posted Feb 08, 2015 at 07:22PM EST. Added Jan 18, 2015 at 07:15PM EST
30 posts from 26 users

I recently got FF Anthology and a PSone. I'm interested in FF7 (just to see if it deserves this being called "BEST GAEM EVAR"), and FF9. I'm also thinking of FF Tactics.

What other kinds of RPG-like games or games in general I should play for the PS1?

Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Vagrant Story and Xenogears if you're into RPGs.
All of the Crash Bandicoots and Rayman if you're in for some platforming.
MGS1 if you're up for some stealth and a deep story.

OK so I'm just gonna say my collection of PS1 games and it has a wide range of genres (not any JRPGs on here though). I would recommend every single one.

Spider-Man
Doom
Alien Trilogy
Any Crash Bandicoot game
Any Spyro game
Oddworld Abes Oddeysee and Abes Exoddus
Resident Evil (1, 2, 3 + Survivor)
Tomb Raider (I, II, III, TLR and Chronicles
Tekken (I, II, III)
Legacy of Kaine: Blood Omen and Soul Reaver
Silent Hill

These are the game I have for the PS1

Ape Escape
FFVII
FFIX
all 3 Spyro Games
Toy Story 2

I also have Lemmings and the Game of Life, but to most of you that would seem like worthless shovelware.

Ones I had but then sold include Croc and THPS2. I sold the first one because it was boring and the other because it didn't have the feel I liked of THPS3 and the THUG games.

Adam DeLand wrote:

These are the game I have for the PS1

Ape Escape
FFVII
FFIX
all 3 Spyro Games
Toy Story 2

I also have Lemmings and the Game of Life, but to most of you that would seem like worthless shovelware.

Ones I had but then sold include Croc and THPS2. I sold the first one because it was boring and the other because it didn't have the feel I liked of THPS3 and the THUG games.

>I also have Lemmings and the Game of Life, but to most of you that would seem like worthless shovelware.
>Lemmings but to most of you that would seem like worthless shovelware.
>Lemmings would seem like worthless shovelware.
>Lemmings
>Worthless shovelware.

Nice joke.

If you want to play a good RPG play Grandia or Koudelka.
Some other games I would recommend are:
Devil Dice
MediEvil
Galerians
Parasite Eve
Tombi 2
Future Cop L.A.P.D.

Last edited Jan 19, 2015 at 04:37AM EST

For RPG's, Legend of Legaia is worth a look. Not really top tier, but I had a lot of fun with it.

Colony Wars is sadly overlooked, probably played that demo more than any other game demo. Really wish it would make a comeback.

Same goes for the Gex series.

Hard as hell to find, but check out 'LSD the dream simulator' if you can.

As far as guilty pleasures go, I put more time into Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi than I should have.

I've heard nice things about Suikoden, and it being one of the best RPG's on PS1. My friend who is known for never finishing RPG's, played through the whole game without losing interest.

Also, one overlooked RPG would be Legend of Dragoon. To be honest, the character models look really bad, but the pre-rendered backgrounds are beautiful, music is decent, story is pretty nice, and the battles are fun. It's far from perfect, but I enjoyed it quite a lot anyway.

If I had to mention something that wasn't an RPG, or an obvious choise like Crash or Spyro, I'd say Dino Crisis 2. It's more action oriented than Dino Crisis 1, but I think it was, and still is, one helluva game. On graphical level, it looks pretty much as good as Resident Evil 2 or 3. And if you liked Resident Evil, then the first Dino Crisis is worth a try too (it has pretty difficult puzzles though, and thus might block your progress often).

Sharkboy wrote:

Colony Wars is sadly overlooked, probably played that demo more than any other game demo. Really wish it would make a comeback.

Funnily enough, I was just thinking about replaying Colony Wars – Red Sun again after all these years. Right after I finish Phantasy Star IV.

TripleA9000 wrote:

ace combat 3: electrosphere

i highly recommend finding the japanese version for this one.
The western version was stripped away so much of content that it feels barebones at best.

Fillerthefreak wrote:

Busby 3D

…Just kidding.

TBH: I've never owned a PS1, so I don't know any games for it.

Sorry.

It's alright.

Samekichi Kiseki wrote:

i highly recommend finding the japanese version for this one.
The western version was stripped away so much of content that it feels barebones at best.

^this
The Japanese version has multiple endings. That's right, multiple endings on a flight combat game.

Shrek Memes wrote:

Vib-Ribbon (Just get the Japanese version and region free your system)

No thanks, I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars for a Net Yaroze, and have to deal with playing a game that I can't read.

Disney actually made some fun platformers for the ps1. Monsters Inc. Scream Team, Alaadin, and Emperor's New Groove come to mind. There's also the Namco Museum series if you're looking to play some arcade classics like Tower of Duraga.

Last edited Feb 08, 2015 at 01:31PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!