Forums / Fun! / Creative

11,725 total conversations in 468 threads

+ New Thread

KYM Community-Made Episodes Project (Episode 2 Development Thread)

Last posted Aug 31, 2016 at 07:13AM EDT. Added Aug 30, 2016 at 08:40PM EDT
6 posts from 4 users

Continuing from where we left off…

This thread is where you can submit your ideas, media, questions, suggestions and scripts for Episode 2 of the 13-episode 2016 community-made season of KYM episodes. Every thought counts, and you will be credited in the episode if your post makes me add/change something in the completed episode, even if it's just a quick helpful tip like "change the cat's voice" or "make the background brighter" or "animate the characters more". Don't you want your name on something?

This episode's topic used to be Undertale, but any writing done for that will now be merged with the gaming episode.

The topic for this episode is now: Furries.

Possible other memes this episode will cover: OwO what's this, the sonic fandom, #TonyTigerGate, etc.

Last edited Aug 30, 2016 at 08:50PM EDT

I have a question, the video will focus on the furry fandom and mentioning several related subcultures/memes or will focus on one or two furry memes? If it's the second I would probably focus on yiff or the furry scale.

Anyway, for related subculutres you can also have fandoms with anthro animals like Star Fox or Zootopia, and in terms of memes you could add the aforementioned Furry Scale or Knotting to Rivers' list, even if that last one is a bit niche. e621 could get a mention as well.

Also, it would be pretty interesting to mention the anti-furry fandom, as it was one of the biggest anti-fandoms on the net prior to the MLP one. If you need any info on it (as we don't have an entry) post here what you require.

Z. wrote:

I have a question, the video will focus on the furry fandom and mentioning several related subcultures/memes or will focus on one or two furry memes? If it's the second I would probably focus on yiff or the furry scale.

Anyway, for related subculutres you can also have fandoms with anthro animals like Star Fox or Zootopia, and in terms of memes you could add the aforementioned Furry Scale or Knotting to Rivers' list, even if that last one is a bit niche. e621 could get a mention as well.

Also, it would be pretty interesting to mention the anti-furry fandom, as it was one of the biggest anti-fandoms on the net prior to the MLP one. If you need any info on it (as we don't have an entry) post here what you require.

It will be several memes per episode now yes, and each episode has a target length of between 3 to 15 minutes; no more, no less.

I guess for the anti-furry fandom section, maybe you can help expand on their most popular statement "yiff in hell, furfags", the origin of that statement and maybe what the creator of that statement thinks about furries now.

I guess for the anti-furry fandom section, maybe you can help expand on their most popular statement “yiff in hell, furfags”, the origin of that statement and maybe what the creator of that statement thinks about furries now.

I think that one will be hard because it's belived it originated on 4chan, as protest to furries posting art on /b/. You could also focus it on the term Fursecution, which seems to have a defined origin and mostly describes the anti-fandom influence withn the furries. You could also talk about the piece Standing Proud , which has been used as symbol against furry hate.

The Wikifur article on 4chan also has some juicy info on 4chan's relationship with furries, even if some of this info is already covered on some entries.

4chan irl protests against furries.

I believe the biggest one (or at least the most memorable one) was the 2007 Anthrocon protests, where some /b/tards from 4 and 7chan holded signs and vandalised a message board.

Last edited Aug 31, 2016 at 07:14AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!