Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

83,669 total conversations in 7,444 threads

+ New Thread

My Experience With KnowYourMeme After 1 Month! :D Full Review (warning: it's totally tubular!)

Last posted Jun 07, 2021 at 11:07AM EDT. Added May 13, 2021 at 07:42PM EDT
16 posts from 12 users

I'm very sad about this site.

I don't see moderation held accountable.

I don't see active communication from admins.

I see users talk publicly or privately about how "oh we'll initiate a dialogue about moderator accountability" but then nothing comes of it.

Admins talk too little, mods swing too hard.

I feel stupid having to talk in Riff Raff out of fear someone will try stomping me for any little misstep.

The NSFW rules are hypocritical nonsense.

Everyone is able to say criticism like I'm saying, nothing happens.

No one in charge makes rule changes or open discussion steps to help fix it.

Adblocker is mandatory to use this site.

Great wiki editor that is for some reason not licensed out to anyone else, despite it being better than both Wikipedia's and Wikia's editors. Does KnowYourMeme hate making money??? License it.

Really wish I could keep using this site, might actually have to consider quitting due to how unwelcome I feel.

Not normally this negative, normally try to be very polite in messages and supportive of contributors, but since this might force me out, gotta be honest.

That's my experience with this site after 1 month.

100/10 I never want to leave! Except I'm probably fucking gonna! :D

Edit: Was happy with many of the mod help with entries and messages related to those apart from aforementioned warnings. Would like more of that.

Last edited May 13, 2021 at 08:10PM EDT

Square Memester wrote:

Is Crispy Cream a troll?

I don't think so? Not sure what the reason was, but imo he did not deserve the ban.

Last edited Jun 01, 2021 at 03:16PM EDT

olors64 wrote:

I don't think so? Not sure what the reason was, but imo he did not deserve the ban.

The quoted post has been deleted.

A banned user. If you see old posts with a smiley pfp and the name ā€œEmperor Palpitoadā€, thatā€™s him.
Since then, he made alts on this site, so whenever a user joins and starts complaining about the mods, thereā€™s a possibility itā€™s him.

Interestingly, it took him a while for his main account to get banned, because he was friendly with an admin. In that time, he became very unpopular with the userbase, so his profileā€™s score was in the negative thousands. He claims the modsā€™ actions on him were ā€œmod abooseā€, but they clearly had popular support when they were trying to figure out a more effective punishment.
They came out with a ban that only kept him out of the forums, as he actually had a somewhat positive impact with other parts of the site like making entries. Eventually, he took out his frustration elsewhere, and was finally banned for good and would never cause problems here agaā€¦ oh wait.

But yeah, thatā€™s the condensed version. Hopefully those who were actually there can give you a more complete story.

Last edited Jun 07, 2021 at 11:04AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!