Forums / Media / Video Games

38,638 total conversations in 2,702 threads

+ New Thread

Fan spent $40,000 buying Nintendo stocks to ask about F-Zero at a Sharheholders meeting

Last posted Jul 05, 2022 at 04:30PM EDT. Added Jul 03, 2022 at 01:36AM EDT
6 posts from 5 users

https://www.businessinsider.com/nintendo-fan-bought-stock-to-ask-about-f-zero-game-2022-6

"It is realistically difficult to develop new titles and remakes, including sequels, for every Nintendo game that people request, but we are very grateful and appreciate the expectations our fans have for our games."

“We are always considering how to develop new titles and remakes that can be enjoyed by many players."

For what it's worth, it was pretty much expected that nothing was in the works for the series anyways. I'm just wondering now that if Nintendo would be interested in third party developers for the series again. After all, GX was made by Sega's Amusement Vision branch, and directed by Hiroyuki Sakamoto, the same person who works on the Yakuza games.

On a side note, while reading on this, I just found out AMV was also formerly apart of Sega AM4, which was also responsible for the creation of Shining Force 1. If I could ever ask anything at a sega shareholders meeting, I'd ask about if there would be any interest in making a 3d trilogy remake of the original 3 games. But I'm pretty sure the idea wouldn't garner too much interest and never be realized.

Sugary Salt wrote:

Oh boy

Now I'm kinda hoping somebody does the same thing but for Kid Icarus

I was just thinking how weird Kid Icarus is as an IP. Two games in 1987 and 1991 respectively, goes dormant for two decades, suddenly gets a huge revival with a new game directed by Masahiro Sakurai in 2012 (and before that he got into Smash Bros. Brawl with an updated design), and then goes dormant yet again for another decade. I wonder if part of the reason is because no other devs in Nintendo want to touch the IP unless Sakurai's involved, like the other devs at Nintendo respect him so much that after Uprising they just collectively agreed "it's Sakurai's franchise now."

Sugary Salt wrote:

Oh boy

Now I'm kinda hoping somebody does the same thing but for Kid Icarus

I was just thinking how weird Kid Icarus is as an IP. Two games in 1987 and 1991 respectively, goes dormant for two decades, suddenly gets a huge revival with a new game directed by Masahiro Sakurai in 2012 (and before that he got into Smash Bros. Brawl with an updated design), and then goes dormant yet again for another decade. I wonder if part of the reason is because no other devs in Nintendo want to touch the IP unless Sakurai's involved, like the other devs at Nintendo respect him so much that after Uprising they just collectively agreed "it's Sakurai's franchise now."

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!