Forums / Media / Video Games

38,638 total conversations in 2,702 threads

+ New Thread

Nintendo just privated the videos that revealed the Switch Lite and Switch OLED, and speculation is running wild

Last posted Jul 07, 2022 at 02:20AM EDT. Added Jul 05, 2022 at 05:59PM EDT
3 posts from 2 users

This is one of those situations where it's pretty much one of two outcomes. Either Nintendo reveals some new Switch hardware and the privating of the other Switch model reveals was to avoid YouTube search confusion when looking for the video of the new hardware (as Nintendo did already do this once before when they privated the Switch Lite reveal before unveiling the Switch OLED model), or it means absolutely nothing and is just a case of whomever is in charge on Nintendo's YouTube page making a mistake.

If new hardware is about to happen I'll keep my expectations LOW and just assume it's going to be a reveal for a Lite version of the OLED model, so now all Switch systems going forward are versions with OLED screens. Even so you know damn well that one small part of my brain is hoping maybe we're gonna get a "Pro" model reveal that'll do things like add 60 FPS support to games like Breath of the Wild. All we can do right now is wait and see, as with the exception of the reveal for the Switch itself back in 2016 Nintendo doesn't really tease new hardware reveals on social media, they just drop it all of a sudden without warning.

Mistress Fortune wrote:

Turns out the reveal was for a Splatoon 3 Edition OLED.

Damn. Welp, at this rate Im wondering what will happen first: a new switch model that can run everything better or Steam Deck 2…

1080p handheld gaming probably isn't far off, there's already 7" screens that can get 1080p and I'm surprised the steam deck didn't have one at launch.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!