Forums / Discussion / General

170,930 total conversations in 5,486 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9954 posts from 194 users

Well, seems like everyone here thinks the same. Also, the fact that no one here is a furry kind of confirms it. I know the two can overlap, but my point was that being a brony doesn’t make you a furry.

@pooperfet
Call me dac.

May 13, 2012 at 05:32PM EDT

Zarathh wrote:

Hmm… A good topic… How about this? If there was no MLP: FIM what would you be doing as of right now?

This question just blew my mind.
I would be cynical. I wouldn’t tolerate people. I would be boastful. I wouldn’t be as open with my current group of friends. I’d probably go back to drugs because Ponies are my best way of dealing with depression, they got me off pot. I wouldn’t be on KYM. My life would’ve gone a very different direction. My personality would be completely flipped. I wouldn’t respect women, or people for that matter. I would get mad at trolls. My grades wouldn’t be awesome as they are right now. I would hate my family.

I think it’s safe to say that MLP:FiM changed who I was and were I was going for the better.

relevant:

May 13, 2012 at 06:03PM EDT

@Zarathh
If MLP:Fi didn’t exist, I wouldnt be on this website and I would have never started reading fanfics
( always thought they were ultra dorky). I probably wouldn’t have as much money as I do on forza either because bronies buy that shit up( the designs that is). Besides that, I would be the same I guess. I can’t say the show has changed my personality or helped me really, its just a good show with an awesome fanbase to me.

May 13, 2012 at 06:10PM EDT

I claim this page for Mother’s Day and Fluttershy (aka best pony).

Now go give your mom a hug.

Last edited May 13, 2012 at 06:15PM EDT
May 13, 2012 at 06:15PM EDT

FLUTTERSHY PAGE? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

And a little WhiteDiamonds, for Twins.

May 13, 2012 at 06:53PM EDT

Edited: *Sorry, try not to post more than three images per post, please.

-Verbose

Last edited May 13, 2012 at 07:56PM EDT
May 13, 2012 at 07:16PM EDT

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

@404:

RandomMan is gonna be SO PISSED.

Fuck Randoman, I’m pissed!

That crashed my browser 404! Easy on the images!

May 13, 2012 at 07:22PM EDT

Dac wrote:

Well, seems like everyone here thinks the same. Also, the fact that no one here is a furry kind of confirms it. I know the two can overlap, but my point was that being a brony doesn’t make you a furry.

@pooperfet
Call me dac.

Did you not read my post?

I AM A FURRY.

Y u no read what I say to you?

May 13, 2012 at 07:33PM EDT

burning_phoneix wrote:

Fuck Randoman, I’m pissed!

That crashed my browser 404! Easy on the images!

You need to switch to chrome. My browser is totally unaffected.

May 13, 2012 at 07:36PM EDT

aerolyt wrote:

I AM A FURRY.

I did, but I guess I forget that. Oops

Enough with the image spams plex. They are ok sometimes I guess, but lately we’ve had to many images. Im not asking for walls of text, but please, lets have some discussion in our post, or the very least, not so many images.

May 13, 2012 at 07:44PM EDT

What is everyone’s headcanons on the character from the Hearth’s Warming Eve play? (Also, does anyone have any good pictures of the ‘real life’ versions of said characters?)

May 13, 2012 at 07:45PM EDT

@Connor:

Here are two pics I like:

Personally, I think the Commander pretty much shows us that the pegasi were a spartan-like society. Especially since he/she started kicking the shit out of ‘dragons’.

I like Chancellor Puddinghead. What’s not to love about a mentally-impaired political figure?

Besides, you know, the risk it places his/her subjects in…

Whatever, they just need to think outside the box inside the chimney.

What I’m curious about is where the fuck Luna and Celestia were. Star Swirl the Bearded taught Clover the Clever, apparently, and didn’t Luna either know him, or know of him?

May 13, 2012 at 07:54PM EDT

I want to thank you for all of your responses to my post. I love to hear all of your feedback.

Anyways, did I hear Fluttershy page?

May 13, 2012 at 08:42PM EDT

Screw the Fluttershy page, I’m posting Luna:

AND TAKE THIS DAWW WHILE YOU’RE AT IT:

TAKE IT.

DISREGARD INSTRUCTIONS, AQUIRE LUNAR PRINCESS:

ITS WORTH IT…….

Last edited May 13, 2012 at 08:58PM EDT
May 13, 2012 at 08:54PM EDT

Bah, I posted the Mothers Day thingy to early yesterday. To make up for that here’s another one, but cuter!

Remember to always love your mothers because they are the ones who brought you into this world.

May 13, 2012 at 09:28PM EDT

@Pyro

You know I love me some Luna, but hey, she had a page not too long ago.

@Headcanon for Hearth’s Warming Characters

I don’t have much to say about the individuals themselves, except that Clover the Clever being Star Swirl’s apprentice is fairly significant in terms of timeline and lore in the world of Equestria.

I actually like to talk about the events of that period. I’m sure there are some great fanfics somewhere that address this, though I haven’t really read any. Anyway, what I really find interesting about that story is the high probability of war breaking out among the different tribes, despite the silliness of the parody-like play put on by the mane six (Rarity was fantastic as Princess Platinum, btw.) I mean, the pegusi back then were actually governed by a war chief for cryin’ out loud. It doesn’t take a great stretch to imagine the battles that could have ensued as the destruction and competition for resources mounted.

Another thing I found interesting was the fact that the tribes’ three distinct governments were essentially merged, with a monarchy assuming control of the highest tier, a democratic republic system for the lower levels, and the pegusi evolving into the royal guard, for the most part. It seems like the writers put a decent amount of thought into how that was going to play out.

May 13, 2012 at 09:31PM EDT

John De Lancie has been full of surprises lately.

I am interested to see where he takes this idea.

May 13, 2012 at 10:03PM EDT

aerolyt wrote:

I AM A FURRY.

You too mang?

Also reguarding mothers day/Fluttershy page-

Last edited May 13, 2012 at 11:29PM EDT
May 13, 2012 at 11:28PM EDT

There isn’t much discussion going on now, but I wanted to post something in honor of Mother’s Day. It turns out you miss people you take for granted after 2 semesters in college.

May 13, 2012 at 11:43PM EDT

I saw Muffinator’s new name, and thought it was Cyrillic first…
then I read it upside down… clever.
However, I noticed this is (or at least was) a Fluttershy page.
So here’s something I found interesting:

can anyone find me a fic that does a Alice/Fluttershy crossover?
seems interesting to see…

May 14, 2012 at 12:14AM EDT

I must say, rather well written Connor. One of very few pieces that I’ve read in the second person that not only works, but feels natural to do so. I’d really like to read it when you’re finished writing it.

Last edited May 14, 2012 at 12:43AM EDT
May 14, 2012 at 12:42AM EDT

Eris the Pone wrote:

Here’s a little something I wrote; it’s not finished yet, BTW.
Tell me if you like it.

Excellent work. Second person generally doesn’t work very well for narratives, but the way you wrote it perfectly captures the essence of Nightmare Moon’s being. It really feels like you’re in her (horse)shoes. Also, nice use of imagery.

The only caveat I have with it is that it’s not really canon, since Nightmare Moon didn’t have an army, but that’s just me being stupid. Ignore that.

And yeah, short, but I’m sure you’ll expand it into something like Fallout:Equestria. DO IT!

I’m probably a bit late, but:

Rarity and Sweetie Belle are best sisters.

May 14, 2012 at 01:04AM EDT

Eris the Pone wrote:

Here’s a little something I wrote; it’s not finished yet, BTW.
Tell me if you like it.

Pretty neat-o. One of the good pieces of second-person I’ve seen.

It also reminded me of The Old Republic.

So, yeah.

Nightmare Moon is now a Sith Lord.

Last edited May 14, 2012 at 01:15AM EDT
May 14, 2012 at 01:15AM EDT

Verbose wrote (a while ago):

Also, in the heat of the Derpy, we forgot about the new episode synopsis:

Episode Title: A Friend in Deed
Air Date: February 18, 2012
Summary: Pinkie Pie tries to turn Cranky Doodle Donkey, the only creature to refuse her friendship.

Incoming gem.

Incoming gem.

The whole episode is like sugar being injected directly into my veins. It’s my new Feeling Pinkie Keen with a dash (lolz) of Party of One.

But like I said before, I knew it was going to be an episode I really liked.

Have you guys seen an episode synopsis and just knew it was going to be an awesome episode (and it was?)

Last edited May 14, 2012 at 02:53AM EDT
May 14, 2012 at 02:52AM EDT

Verbose wrote:

Summary: Pinkie Pie tries to turn Cranky Doodle Donkey, the only creature to refuse her friendship.

Incoming gem.

Incoming gem.

The whole episode is like sugar being injected directly into my veins. It’s my new Feeling Pinkie Keen with a dash (lolz) of Party of One.

Have you guys seen an episode synopsis and just knew it was going to be an awesome episode (and it was?)

I’m an eternal optimist, I always hope for the best and give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

So I get giddy at the announcement of nearly every episode.

But when I saw the synopsis for Nightmare Night? I declared it my favorite episode weeks before it aired.

I wasn’t disappointed.

May 14, 2012 at 04:15AM EDT

Verbose wrote:

Incoming gem.

Incoming gem.

Episode Title: Read it and Weep
Description: When Rainbow Dash recovers at a hospital after a stunt flying accident, she becomes hooked on reading “Daring Do” novels. However, she is afraid to admit to her friends that she enjoys reading, particularly because she previously viewed it as an “egghead hobby.”

After I finished watching all the episodes in a row, I especially wanted another Dash episode, since she’s my second favorite and I consider her to be one of the most adorable ponies. Considering how the episode had about 20 minutes of adorable faces, there was no way I couldn’t like it. Also, I was interested in how she would pick up reading.

May 14, 2012 at 12:40PM EDT

Verbose wrote:

Incoming gem.

Incoming gem.

I think “It’s About Time” was that for me. Something along the lInes of “Twilight gets a visit from her future self and drives herself crazy with worry.” I thought the episode was going to be very clever, and it was. You wouldn’t think a kids’ show would be able to do a story incorporating a closed time loop, but that’s the thing about FiM: it shatters expectations. Take the finale, for example: no one could’ve possibly seen the changelings coming, and if someone claims to have predicted it, they’re obviously lying through their teeth.

Last edited May 14, 2012 at 12:43PM EDT
May 14, 2012 at 12:41PM EDT

aerolyt wrote:

What is this I don’t even.

May 14, 2012 at 02:15PM EDT

Oh….they mean mustache….

Would have been better if they said ’stache because….I was thinking of the OTHER kind of stash.

May 14, 2012 at 02:18PM EDT

burning_phoneix wrote:

Oh….they mean mustache….

Would have been better if they said ’stache because….I was thinking of the OTHER kind of stash.

Yeah I was really confused because I thought the same thing, until I looked closer and actually saw she inexplicably had facial hair.

May 14, 2012 at 02:20PM EDT

Damn straight. Now, apologize to her before I relentlessly beat you with a bloody rake.

May 14, 2012 at 05:23PM EDT

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Radar/WesternAnimation

…it’s not just FIM, it’s a whole bunch of other stuff too. Some things we could catch… some we didn’t.
I will never see these shows the same way again… thanks internet…

May 14, 2012 at 05:44PM EDT

In Soviet Equestria, little sister is best pony. Wait….that’s in every Equestria.

Last edited May 14, 2012 at 06:32PM EDT
May 14, 2012 at 06:30PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!