232,905 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10166 posts from 235 users

Noah wrote:

@Jackal

That's pretty everybronies wish, win a giant amount of money and then buy everything thats mlp-related that gets in range.
it's like chemnistry at school, a reaction that happens all of sudden (well, kinda)
Money--→ alot of pony plushies

But sadly it's not that easy to win/find/steal/print by yourself/forge by magic/get/all of sudden have/earn money

Not really, I really don't find any of the merchandise appealing to me other than the DVDs I think.

DERPY TIME??!

CAUSE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY DERPY TIME!

TIME FOR BEST SHIP!

Verbose wrote:

I see we are reverting to image spam.

You'll find that it gets boring somewhat quickly.

Best way to learn is to do. Have fun with that.

Oh sweet this is my chance to start a discussion!
Let's see, something for us to talk about.
Hmm something that HASN'T been already mentioned…
(Damn this is hard.)
Uhh…

Last edited Aug 29, 2012 at 03:22PM EDT

@Parrot: Then let's hope to God that neither of them join up…

@Twins: Huh. I best get me a sound-producing magical unicorn then, so my radios will work. Wonder how they've been functioning without one…

@Iamslow: I'm not the Warrior, I'm the Commando.
Shit tier at fighting up close, but God help you if you stumble into weapons range.

Excellent choice for a character page, fellow PGers.

You have chosen a mare with class.

Hey Deadparrot, you're a clopper!

"There is even a faction of Bronies who write fanfic and create fan art. They are called “Cloppers” and the two groups can be a bit like Sharks and Jets."

No, I'm not a clopper! She didn't say fanmusic, shut up.

As far as regards the actual content of that article…

I didn't care for it. Like most people, I'm all for equality under the law, but the author's idea of utopia being one where all gender distinctions are neutralized seems a rather boring place to me.

Right now, the stereotype is that "mlp is only for girls." the author thinks we should change it to "mlp is for everyone." but I disagree, I think part of the charm of the show is that mlp is designed as a kid's show. Really, we should just drop the 'only', and say that even though mlp is targetted at girls, its perfectly alright for other demographics to enjoy it as well. As much as I enjoy watching my little pony, I don't think I'd do it if it meant I had to completely lose all sense of masculinity and femininity and join a world of sexless automotons the author calls paradise.

@Twilit below

(Actually I did read the author's note, but like I'm going to pass up an excuse to call Deadparrot a clopper)

Last edited Aug 29, 2012 at 06:02PM EDT

Fifths wrote:

Hey Deadparrot, you’re a clopper!

“There is even a faction of Bronies who write fanfic and create fan art. They are called “Cloppers” and the two groups can be a bit like Sharks and Jets.”

Author’s note – I must clarify. Fanfic and fan art is not limited to Clopppers, the Cloppers are the subset of Bronies who take their artwork into adult territory and prove Internet Rule #34. I apologize to any Pony fans I may have offended with my mistake.

someone tl;dr'd.

I have to agree, it seems kinda boring, but I get her point. It does muddle the line just that much more.

@Fifths
Twilitlord caught it already, but she did correct her misused terminology down at the bottom of the page.
She's new so it's an understandable mistake.

Definitely made me raise an eyebrow at first, though.

As for your other argument, you kinda flipped between 'for kids' and 'for girls.'
I love that the show is 'for kids' while still being fun for adults.
In that sense, it is 'for everybody.'

When it comes to gender roles, I don't see it as turning people into 'sexless automatons' so much as simply removing (or at least lessening) the stigma associated with boys doing 'girly' things in the same way that no one really bats an eyelash over a girl who wants to be a police officer anymore.
Define yourself by who you are and what you like, not by what society says you should be based on what's in your pants.
Far from removing gender, I think this actually expands it's role.
Faust said that she designed the main six to exemplify the idea that there are many ways to 'be girly' (contrasting most cartoon's largely interchangeable female characters) and I think the same should apply to being 'manly.'
If a guy likes dolls or flowers or whatever, that alone is no reason to ostracize him from 'men.'
It's just a different way of being a man in the same way that Rainbow Dash isn't exactly the traditional paradigm of femininity.

Verbose wrote:

I see we are reverting to image spam.

You'll find that it gets boring somewhat quickly.

Best way to learn is to do. Have fun with that.

It's all your fault. All you people denied your true tl;dr king and broke him down.

Now I stay alone in my opulent mansion, retreating from public life because I am the tl;dr hero that KYM Pones needs but does not deserve.

You have been misled by this man! Verbose! Paraded in front of you as a false idol. His reputation built on a lie.

Enjoy your image spam KYM Ponu general. For when you cry out for me to save you I will look down and whisper…. don't derpy an doctor whooves look so cute together?

Last edited Aug 29, 2012 at 11:25PM EDT

last post… 14 hours ago?

Oh shit. I knew this day would come. As the only survivor, it is my duty to tell the story of the KYM pony generals!

Once, there was a series of lovely pony threads. They were so lovely that everyone died! The end.

@derpy page

Posting this because derpy and my internets were broken yesterday.

@Jackal Lantern

Eh, I'm just more comfortable playing at close range. Whenever I play Timesplitters 2 I make heavy use of the 12-gauge, in Phantasy Star Universe I used a weapon that spread out in 5 directions at close range so all the shots hit the same target and did a lot of damage, and even when I played TF2 I took every opportunity I got (and probably more than I should have) to use the character's melee weapons.

Also this

lol

Last edited Aug 30, 2012 at 12:54PM EDT

@Parrot: Season 3 is about two months or so forwards in time, give or take a few days.
…and since you were thinking what I'm thinking, get the DeLorean, I'm qualified to pilot it.

@phoenix: Dammit Phoenix, are you Batman or Rorschach? Make up your mind!

@Vikingbolt: It's better art than I make. Though, to be honest, I just doodle down things.

And to cap off this obscenely short post, get out of the room. Now.

I mean it.
Oh, and have some Derpy, because Derpy page.

@Vikingbolt

Alright son, I've been up drinking whisky and motor oil all night, so you're gonna have to work with me. I'm going to throw you a bunch of words and I want you to draw me a picture that incorporates them all. Are you ready? Alright here goes: Rainbow Dash, katana, ninja fillies, vengeance, cliff with spikes, golf trophy.

And go!

Last edited Aug 30, 2012 at 05:41PM EDT

Hm so you can draw Fluttershai,

How about Fluttershy on the phone – giving advice on how to take care of animals, while Angel is trying to grab her attention.

BTW: Do you know the feeling that you see ponies somewhere unexpected, but do not realize it at first, as you are so familiar with ponu. For instance i scrolled through the VLC screenshot gallery recently and i didn't expect to see ponies there, but they have got a MLP episode screenshot there:

And take a look at the background! I don't know, perhaps this are old news, but i was surprised.

Vikingbolt wrote:

You guys want me to draw anything?
I'm kinda bored with the other group's suggestions.

AVGN with big boobs flying in space with Rainbow Dash collecting stars.

Trust me. It came to me in a dream.

Fifths wrote:

@Vikingbolt

Alright son, I've been up drinking whisky and motor oil all night, so you're gonna have to work with me. I'm going to throw you a bunch of words and I want you to draw me a picture that incorporates them all. Are you ready? Alright here goes: Rainbow Dash, katana, ninja fillies, vengeance, cliff with spikes, golf trophy.

And go!

HA!

It shall be done!
Eventually…

Vikingbolt wrote:

HA!

It shall be done!
Eventually…

I laughed when searching for 'Do it, Filly' led me to 'Filly Daring Do.'
So have some tiny adventure!

All you people drawing stuff is tempting me to give it a try, too.
I may need to find a pencil…
Damn you people and your corrupting artistic influence.

What, so this is some sort of drawing thread now? Excellent. We shall how our talents, and one day together overthrow the tormentor that is Muumi (where is he anyway)!

Just think, we might all one day be as good as this guy!

Anyways I probably won't be very active for the next month or so because of uni starting up in two weeks and all. I'll still try to lurk and post when I can though, so don't worry.

Fifths wrote:

@Vikingbolt

And go!

A lesson in profanity

So I was walking over to the book store and I found myself thinking about pony. Was recalling when Dash and Spike were harassing Twilight when she endeavored to remain motionless for a week. Finally, I was unable to contain myself and I said

"God, I love fucking Rainbow Dash."

let the sentence hang in the air for a few minutes.

"Oh…oh wait no…no! I didn't mean, no, that wasn't, that wasn't a verb, that wasn't an action word, that was an adjective. I love the subject Rainbow Dash who has the predicate of fucking I don't love…no…"

What I should have said was "I fucking love Rainbow Dash.", in which case my meaning could have been expressed without any…awkwardness.

@Viking

Wow! That's already like twice as good as your Fluttershy pic. Impressive.

@Deadparrot's drawing aspirations

Last edited Aug 30, 2012 at 11:10PM EDT

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

What, so this is some sort of drawing thread now? Excellent. We shall how our talents, and one day together overthrow the tormentor that is Muumi (where is he anyway)!

Just think, we might all one day be as good as this guy!

Anyways I probably won't be very active for the next month or so because of uni starting up in two weeks and all. I'll still try to lurk and post when I can though, so don't worry.

I'm right here my dear sweet Twins.

Whatever you do, wherever you are, and whatever is going on in the KYM Pony General. I'll be lurking right here in the shadows, and watching silently.

I know that at least Verbose is capable of sensing my presence here. He may, or may not be a psychic.

I asked my nine-year old daughters, "Who is best pony?" Responses were Princess Celestia and Twilight Sparkle, so sorry, the rest of you, that's official now.

Brucker wrote:

I asked my nine-year old daughters, "Who is best pony?" Responses were Princess Celestia and Twilight Sparkle, so sorry, the rest of you, that's official now.

You didn't raise them good enough Brucker. I'm sorry to say it so bluntly, but knowing their taste in best pony, it's the unavoidable fact.

Bruno the Rustler wrote:

Okay, here is my first pony drawned EVER (on a computer).

I'm better drawning in paper then a computer…
How it is for a first shot?

holy shit you should make an entire web comic series using this art style.

I APPROVE

Deadparrot!!!!

Use Gimp!
It's a lot easier I think because you have more stuff to help you out like smooth stroke settings and layers and junk like that.

For MS paint, this is really good, better than what I could do.

Oh, we're posting our own art again? Cool. Here's some line art I recently made in Inkscape:

Obviously not Scootaloo, but it is my most recent drawing (which is why it has no color). Basically, think of this as looking at the guy through a glass floor or something I guess.

Last edited Aug 31, 2012 at 02:56PM EDT

You fuckers think you can draw Scootaloo? pfft, you don't know Scootaloo, YOU DON'T KNOW ORANGE AND PURPLE!

Behold, I give you The Scootacidal

You guys have no idea how bad this picture freaked me out when I was drawing it. Fucking kept seeing…things in the eye. Fuck you Deadparrot, fuck you and your fanfiction.

Last edited Aug 31, 2012 at 03:14PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!