Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,732 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Your favorite moments at Know Your Meme

Last posted Nov 01, 2012 at 03:53PM EDT. Added Oct 29, 2012 at 05:18AM EDT
56 posts from 48 users

Many of you have been visiting for years now, and I'm curious, what have been your defining moments at KYM?

Personally, I've got three memorable ones:

- When I got my first entry to the front page, there was a nice sense of satisfaction of working hard on something and being rewarded out of the blue. Additional frontpaging only inflated my ego further.

- Getting asked to be mod from Don, which I'm not ashamed to admit made me tear up when I first saw the message. As sad as it may be, one of great life achievements.

- Talking to Elspeth Jane in the IRC, speaking to one of our co-founders was awesome and insightful. She was great to talk about the old episodes, the founding of the KYM database, inspiring us to keep knowing our memes, and Don, Brad and Amanda as interns >:D

The day Jamie Dubs began following me

When the forums got divided into the four groups we have now

When Karma was implemented

Good times, man. It's been fun watching the site develop and grow.

Cheeto and Stars. 'twas a glorious time in the forums.

Like Jack said, the day Jamie Dubs became friends with me.

The day I came back a few months ago, and managed to stay this time.

When the first Shipping thread was still alive and caused a bunch of fuss.
That and my first time joining KYM and I got a warm welcome from Lolishiiit.

Aristocatification aka Lolishiiit wrote:

…warm welcome…?

Oh…! You mean the rape?

Yeah… that sure was a "warm welcome"…

I tried to give you credit for being a good guy and you turn it around to the usual KYM rapefest.

That day a couple weeks ago when I finally decided that I had lurked long enough.

I sucked it up and decided to create an account.

Overall, truly a great decision, I think. Probably the best things I've experienced were all the fun times in the IRC, and probably also making my 100th forum post to get the title of Commentator.

Ah, so many good memories…

Screwing around to victory in Team DESU

The warcraftnerd debacle and the joys of trolling trolls

The early days of the Late night debate club. Damn I miss those

The tragic death of Gamzee

And his subsequent revival…IN THE MILLIONS

Running a successful mafia game

And running as a candidate for the Jimmy Party

…good times. Good times.

I knew it was a good decision to join this site. :)
Last edited Oct 29, 2012 at 07:49PM EDT

Back when I first discovered the site, my friend and I scrolled through the articles and laughed at everything, back when I knew so little about the internet, and had never gone to 4chan…good times. Some of our favorites were "b*tches don't know" and "The legend of d**k-neck."

Joining the community was a big deal for me considering I'd read entries for maybe two or three years prior to doing so.

One of my favorite individual moments was being the first to make the announcement of Toonami's return.
I felt super cool.

Also, the God thread stands as another good one if not the best.

Talking with Brawler, Verbose, and Patrick was great. (And alla ya'll others) Well, is great, I should say.

I know Russ already said this, but this site also introduced me to Katawa Shoujo. All the feels in the world, bro.

I know I haven't been very active lately (for plentiful and varying reasons) but you guys make up a great community I'm glad to be part of.. Thanks for being awesome.

Last edited Oct 29, 2012 at 08:29PM EDT

The first thread I made was for New User Questions, about a day after I joined. Today, it remains stickied and in use. Makes me feel a bit of pride.

-When I decided it would be cool to be Wheatley.
-When I was first included in a family portrait {without having to imply that I wanted to be in one}
-When I played mafia. {fuck yeah kym mafia}
-And HOMESTUCK RPG. {this needs to happen again}

Wheatley wrote:

-When I decided it would be cool to be Wheatley.
-When I was first included in a family portrait {without having to imply that I wanted to be in one}
-When I played mafia. {fuck yeah kym mafia}
-And HOMESTUCK RPG. {this needs to happen again}

I agree with this AI. .U
Also I think it would be worth mentioning the glories of the negative karma whoring thread (nevar forget), and its inspiration the Actual Karma whoring thread (also nevar forget)

Well…favorite moment? I…I don't know? Maybe back when tf2. Yea. TF2. N hats. N KYM. N KYM Achievement Hunters! Yay!….N stuff.

(Oh! And the first time I was granted editorship. :3 It was during a finals week. Yay internet!)

1. When I got positive feedback on all three of the "troll"-entries in my emeM ruoY wonK series.

(man, i hate using the word "troll", but there you go)

2. When I discovered the IRC channel.

(SERIOUSLY, YOU ARE CRAZY IF YOU DO NOT GO ON THE IRC. YOU ARE MISSING OUT. :U)

3. When I procrastinate on all my promising threads. (Drawing, Animation, KYM-tan: Ace Attorney, KYMmon)

(lelelelelelel!1!1!!!!111111!SHIFT+ELEVEN)

Last edited Oct 30, 2012 at 01:17AM EDT

I remember the thread where me and RussianFedora met. I remember that thread I made to worship Drpepperfanfan. When loli convinced me to join skype and I became good friends with Gespenst. When I used to hang with Jeane and Travis. Me and Troll King's shitstorms. That one time me and Sui seduced this one user who's name I forgot. Seeing Natsuru, Angrypwnzer, and Derpy write around the beginning of the KYM RPG. Threads devoted to Moargun. I'm gonna put some more later.

I would have to agree with BSoD and say the fourth CBC was one of my fondest moments of being a KYMer… And that feel when my team actually liked the song I did for them… Just…

@Darkermac

That game was epic and another fond memory I will have of this place. Syndic was the best Nation RP host. Too bad he committed forum-suicide so we can't go over his epic transcription of events.

@Patrick

That was the first CBC I participated in too. How did the previous ones turn out?

Last edited Oct 30, 2012 at 04:15AM EDT

When everyone died at the end.

But seriously,
I've gotten closer to user on this site then most other users I've met on other website. You could say I've enjoyed and grew fond of the forums, IRC, and the community then…

ahem
The entire site in general.
ahem

Well here's mine:
My first entry to be frontpaged (Nintendium I think)
Forest Friending me (At the time, he literally had 3 friends, Brad, Orivia and me)
When Sarah Hiraki graced us and our site with her presence (Best Scientist 5ever, sorry Jamie)
Becoming a Mod
Confirming Ace Attorney

-My first entry to be frontpaged, as well as confirmed (Wanna Dance?)

-Modship

-Getting to know Russianfedora, Patrick, Cyber6x, Verbose, and a lot of other guys and gals whose names escape me

-custom title

-The positive reception I've gotten in regards to my blog posts, especially the video game post and the post encouraging men

Well, compared to everyone else, I'm pretty new, so I don't have as many impressive moments as most other users on the forums. But, here goes:

-When I found out how nice almost everyone is on the forums.

-When I decided on a theme and gimmick for my account.

-KYM Mars Colony. That was so entertaining to read.

ConnerABacon wrote:

I remember when that one idiot posting some fat guy called the "Gortag" or something. Was a lot of fun pointing and laughing.

I remember locking those threads too.

Good times. Good, times…

But for serious, you're good people, auer.

That time when Troll King started a big election campaign, it became a really big deal, and turned out to be fake the whole time, leading to much rage. It was hilarious.

The Internet Can Now Find Stars.

Unfortunately, many of the images have been swallowed up by time.

For those newcomers, I'll explain.

The thread started with a user named Sweatie Killer linking to an article about, well, the thread title.

The first response was the "Internet: serious business" image. The second image was an edit of that image, the third an edit of the second image, and so it began. Almost every image was adding something to the previous image. It got insane – and is indeed is the single greatest concentration of memes ever. And not even all of them were used.

Last edited Oct 31, 2012 at 07:28PM EDT

Hmmm… this is a hard one.

Know Your Meme has been an endless supply of laughs and love for me, and I have been here for so long I am losing many great memories of the fun shenanigans that went on here.

The Mafia and Hurt/Heal games where good fun while they lasted, as where the RP threads. The entire crazy ride of the KYM-RPG Production was also good fun too, even though there was many shitstorms and attacks against me over some points in the production. The Year Long Gender Confusion game I accidentally started was hilarious, if it won't for Negi my cover wouldn't have been blown.

But anyways, hopefully I can have as much fun as I had back then in the future. I don't want this website to grow boring on us don't we?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!