Forums / Discussion / General

234,484 total conversations in 7,808 threads

+ New Thread

A strange thing on YouTube regarding Despicable Me and Minions

Last posted Dec 13, 2016 at 05:25AM EST. Added Dec 12, 2016 at 03:52PM EST
3 posts from 3 users

NOTE: Before you delete this thread, this is related to the entries "Minions" and "YouTube" in general.

A few years after the Despicable Me movies has had been released, there has been a lot of odd things happening in comments' section on three the movies on YouTube, usually on video clips having the Minions in it; and the mystery is that the comments are literally just gibberish and spam, which are obviously breaking YouTube's rules. Now, lemme discuss about the Minions before you write "bleach", "kys" or "cancer" comments:

Minions are the titular characters from the "Despicable Me" movies, and they are known for looking like tiny, yellow creatures with goggles and brown eyes who also had their own movie. Speaking of them, Minions have a young fan base, and is the youngest fan base on the Internet composing of 3-5-year olds, even older than the Baby Einstein community.

However, here are the things that go a little bit mysterious here. When you look at the comments, you can see that there are just gibberish comments and toy channels who advertise themselves, which most consider illegal, since, you know, it's spam. We don't know where the gibberish comments come from, since some say that they are from illiterate children who take their parents' mobile phones, others say that they come from bots, but that illiterate children thing is a little bit unlikely. For example, if you comment on a Minion video, whether it's a love or hate comment, you will always get strange replies, but ir is nearly impossible that kindergarteners can view those videos so many times. We don't know why, and we don't know how to fix this problem and if we contact YouTube then they will just sit there like we don't exist. This has had been going on since the beginning of spring 2016, and it is still happening today. Now since its soon the start of 2017, I doubt that this will continue until the next decade (Ohhh, scary!).

All right, let's go back to 2013, when the sequel of the previous DE movie was released. Back during that month, Minions were underrated characters, but many people liked them. The comments on the movie clips were also normal and mature, and no bots were even existent there. Now, in 2016, there are bots almost everywhere, and they never seem to go away. So, what's going on, YouTube?

Okay, here is my possible explanation: The amount of random comments and many views mostly come from both third world countries (like Vietnam, India and Middle East, but mainly Vietnam since that country is infamously known for spam bots) and illiterate kindergarteners. But what is happening? The bot part is a very sinister part, and since stuff like this can get your account easily terminated if seen by the website or reported from another person, but still YouTube isn't doing anything about this.

So, what do you think?

Honestly I don't see why this is a big deal. I mean I can see that for the most part a large majority of these comments on these videos are just illiterate children or third-world illiterate children. I really didn't see that many bots in the comments section.

I think the reason why it's so prevalent is good ol' fashion Youtube not giving a fuck about anything.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!