Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,567 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

King Ghidorah's design in 2019's "Godzilla: King of the Monsters" has supposedly been leaked

Last posted Mar 09, 2018 at 01:01PM EST. Added Mar 07, 2018 at 03:29PM EST
8 posts from 4 users

In a video released by studioADI, a special effects company, featuring a bunch of concept designs of "It", we can see a computer in the background with this on the monitor.

The fact that someone in the background had to hide it is pretty telling.
When people in the comments section started pointing it out, the owner of the channel responded that it was a design for a movie called "Lucifer" that was cancelled ten years ago.

They then proceeded to delete the video. Because that's what you do to correct people that an unfinished, three-headed, two-tailed dragon model is from a cancelled movie from ten years ago that you had on your computer and needed to be hidden.

Just a bit of wild speculation on my part, but promotional material released alongside Kong: Skull Island indirectly mentions Ghidorah, saying "the devil has three heads."

The devil

Lucifer.

gg, guys.

Thoughts on the design?

Last edited Mar 07, 2018 at 03:31PM EST

After a day of speculation, it could go either way on whether or not this leak is an actual leak. (Keep in mind these findings are none of my own)

While it turns out Lucifer exists as a short film on Youtube, initially thought to have disprove the comment on the deleted video, the description for the short film states that it's a promo video for a potential trilogy. That means the model in the video could actually be a design for monster in the Lucifer project.

Because the design is studio property, there are NDA's that need to be considered, so whether it's really a design of King Ghidorah or a design for a creature in Lucifer, it cannot be publicly shown. So, the gif of the lady urgently walking over to the computer and opening a window to cover the image could mean it's either of these two possibilities.

StudioADI, bound by NDA's and all that, would also be forced to make sure nobody sees material that's not legal for public viewing, so, once again, whether it's a Ghidorah design or a Lucifer design, they need to remove the video regardless.

However, pure speculation on my part, but it's also possible that they conveniently had Lucifer to fall back on as a scapegoat. But honestly, it could go either way. We'll know for sure once more information is available about KOTM.

There's next to no reason for a model from a movie cancelled ten years ago to be on that screen, so it's pretty likely that story is a cover up.

It looks like it would fit right in with Legendary's Godzilla universe (seriously, it looks like they remodeled the flying MUTO), though I must admit that I definitely prefer the original Japanese design. This thing looks like it could be snapped like a twig by 2014 Godzilla or King Kong.

Michael Dougherty, the director of the film, responded to a question about it, giving a pretty straight answer.

It's possible that he's also trying to cover it up, but if that was the case he wouldn't have responded at all. There are tons of evidential pieces that work against this, but for every piece of evidence there's a counter point that sounds just as logical.

Once again, it could go either way.

I suppose there's the possibility that it's a rejected design for Ghidorah, but it's too similar to Ghidorah's basic concept (Three heads, two tails, no arms, even the fringe on the heads screams Ghidorah) for it to be completely unrelated.

It could possibly be concept art for Ghidorah that wasn't approved or sent back to be worked on some more or something. I'm positive a character like King Ghidorah has had dozens of different designs drawn up and they haven't settled on one yet.
And I have no problem if they make him more serpentine anyways, since Ghidorah in the movies has always been more ranged offense via lightning breath (now that's something I'm hyped to see), or quick flying overhead attacks that knock Godzilla down. It would also be a nice counter design to the more physically bulky design the Legendary Godzilla has

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!