232,905 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9926 posts from 193 users

CocoaCannon wrote:

I have a question for you all…
If there was a one way portal to equestria, and you could only bring one person or thing with you, what/who would you bring? The portal is a 7 feet x 7 feet square, so you can't bring anything smaller than that (just in case someone answers "my house" because that includes more items in it like your video games, your bed, clothes, etc.)

I wouldn't go through it, but I would currupt equestria by throwing in guns and ammo, the anarchist cookbook, and a box of drugs and the means of reproducing them. Equestria would then burn.

CocoaCannon wrote:

I have a question for you all…
If there was a one way portal to equestria, and you could only bring one person or thing with you, what/who would you bring? The portal is a 7 feet x 7 feet square, so you can't bring anything smaller than that (just in case someone answers "my house" because that includes more items in it like your video games, your bed, clothes, etc.)

I bring with me the continent of North America.

@Connor

Hey Connor can I update some of my Bio information. Pwetty please? Bolded changed parts:

Thread Occupation: TL;DR and serious discussions, crashing Windows whenever Chrome tries to do anything with Flash
Likes: Programming, Thread Games, Drawing, Overthinking, D&B Music, Crashing Windows
Dislikes: Negativity
Favorite Pony: All of them (but mostly Derpy)
Favorite Episode: Luna Eclipsed (and most of Season 2 really)
Brony Since: Late October 2011
Other Information: Member of the late night debate club and founder of the KYM DNB club. Enjoys reading TL;DR's and checking out fan-art (sometimes draws own…sometimes). Local HTML wizard.

I thought of a hilarious new idea for a fanfic. Pirates of The CareBearibbean. It's Pirates but with Care Bears as villians. And Berry Punch is an even drunker Jack Sparrow. If it exists already, you get one free groin kick.

RandomMan wrote:

I bring with me the continent of North America.

Through a 7×7 foot portal (ಠ_ಠ)?
Well I'm not gonna question your interpretation of physics RandomMan, I guess you could just squeeze it through with a small amount of butter….
@Derpy
Yes, it does rustle my jimmies.
BUT IT DOESN'T SHNIGGY MY DIGGIDYS!

Last edited Jun 25, 2012 at 09:13PM EDT

Maiden Heaven wrote:

I thought of a hilarious new idea for a fanfic. Pirates of The CareBearibbean. It's Pirates but with Care Bears as villians. And Berry Punch is an even drunker Jack Sparrow. If it exists already, you get one free groin kick.

Last edited Jun 25, 2012 at 09:22PM EDT

@Connor

Here's mine.

Thread Occupation: Posting depressing and overly philosophical tl;dr, posting original pony music in a desperate plea for attention.
Likes: Ponies, music, chess, sex, swearing, and philosophy
Dislikes: Tons of things, but my deepest ire is reserved for pretentiousness, incompetence, weakness of character, and pseudo-philosophy.
Favorite pony: Normally it's Rainbow Dash, but sometimes it's Rainbow Dash.
Favorite Episode: Luna Eclipsed comes to mind.
Brony since: July 2011, but I only admitted it to myself in March 2012
Other information: Just three things you need to remember about me: Music, depression, Rainbow Dash.

Didn't Connor say to PM him with these?

…Eh, screw it.

Thread Occupation: Parody song writer, soon to be Fanfic writer and AMV/PMV/YTP maker.

Likes: Media, art, Vidya games, anime/manga, comics/cartoons, internet, good fanfics.

Dislikes: Negativity, intolerance of any sort, butthurt of various varieties, Reality TV,
politicians/the government, most people, himself.

Favorite Pony: (Favorite Mane6: Rarity) (Favorite CMC: Sweetie Belle) (Favorite Background(?): Derpy) (Favorite Princess: Luna) (Favorite other: Big Mac)

Favorite Episode: All the two-parters.

Brony Since: …Somewhere around the time Over a barrel premiered. I don't remember.

Other Information: First degree black belt, Collector of various blades, Dad owns various guns, HUGE Nintendo fanboy, likely to blurt out controversial opinions.

BTW, new pony parody tomorrow, for now I'm busy thinking of a battleplan…

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 12:05AM EDT

Oh, what the hell.
I'm bored.

Thread Occupation: Resident Scoot-obsessed freak. Endlessly plugging 'Tiny Wings,' available in my profile! =)

Likes: Video games, fun discussions, and, oh yeah, Scootaloo.

Dislikes: Irrationality, willful ignorance, taking things too seriously, not liking Scootaloo.

Favorite Pony: … ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Episode: Probably Cutie Mark Chronicles, but I've never disliked an episode so it's hard to tell. (This will immediately update to Scootaloo's episode when she gets one, damn it!)

Brony Since: May 2011, found it right here on KYM.

Other Information: Eagle Scout, BA in Applied Mathematics

Thread Occupation: Sometimes posts, sometimes doesn't.
Dislikes: Call of Duty games, Kids who are naughty and think they're cool for doing it, Family Guy, Apple.
Favorite Pony: Fluttershy.
Favorite Episode: The Cutie Mark Chronicles
Brony Since: September 2011, watched it because it started getting spammed everywhere.
Other Information: Closet Brony, my family know about it, my friends don't.

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 01:59AM EDT

So, am I the only one mentally unstable enough to do this, or do you guys ever find yourselves talking to the ponies while watching an episode? Normally, I'm happy to just sit there giggling like a little bitch, but sometimes a passion seizes me that I feel compelled to vocalize. I can think of three notable instances.

1: When Dash and Spike were trolling Twilight when she was trying to stand still for a week. I kept repeating "You guys are bad friends, you guys are bad friends." while wearing a big stupid grin. This was one of those weird instances where Dash does something dickish which I find to be somehow endearing.

2: The mane six were sitting around having a discussion and I felt the need to contribute my two bits. Rarity wouldn't stop talking however, so I paused the video and told her "shut up, I'm trying to say something" I felt kind of bad about that though, so I curtly apologized and made my point.

3: Fluttershy gave Pinkie and Rarity that Brutal verbal beat down, what I found to be one of the most emotionally powerful moments of the entire series. So as she is trashing Rarity and Pinkie's special talents, I felt the need to all but yell "Bitch, you run a fucking animal shelter. This episode opened with you getting bitchslapped by a motherfucking rabbit!"

You know, I don't think Fluttershy ever adequately apologized for that either. That shit was pretty brutal.

>Midnight
>Checks thread
>4 moar bios in addition to 4 from PMs
>MFW

No sleep for me tonight…
I'm also sorting them alphabetically.

P.S. I really would appreciate any others to be PMs so they don't clog the thread and so I can find them more easily. Thank you!~

@Fifths
I can't remember ever talking directly to the characters, but I do recall a very distinct 'Did she just say?!' when Rainbow Dash said Derpy's name and a whole lot of 'No freaking way!'s during Derpy's lines followed by at least five minutes of alternating between stunned silence and ridiculous giggling. As I recall, that was back when the episode synchtubes were broadcasting at 5 a.m. Pacific time and I had stayed up all night to watch it live. My brain was so out of it that, I kid you not, my first thought when Derpy spoke was 'Did someone slip a fan animation into the livestream?'
It took the rest of the episode for me to accept that that had actually happened, then I watched it at least two of three more times!

@Connor
Suddenly, bronies!
Hundreds (i.e: eight) of them!

Algernon wrote:

And thus I would lead Equestria on a technological and cultural revolution.

Have fun introducing them to Gunpowder and environmentally destructive Industrial practices!

@DeadParrot

I remember watching it and even though I was amused by the whole thing, I couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was going to come of this.

Score one for my psychic powers.

You know, the Last Roundup was a really well done episode, easily in my top 5 favorite. Everything about Pinkie being used to torture Applejack was just priceless, the dialogue, the musical score adding dramatic tension. Then there was the part where Pinkie turned into THE FREAKING DEVIL over the broken Pinkie promise. Hell, they even managed to genuinely intrigue me as to why AJ hadn't come home for awhile before bringing in the boring old "I didn't get first prize" thing.

It's really a shame that everyone only remembers it for the Derpy lines and the later, ugh, alterations.

Welp, I've haven't posted here for two months or whatever.
Not that I was actually important to the thread, but that ain't the point I came here for.
I am here to challenge you to find 'pony' of something I seriously have never seen ponified. Or even had been suggested to be ponified.
An adorable game called LcDDeM. The 'character' in question I would like to see in pony mode is Chie. The 'protagonist' if you wish to call her that.
If you do this.
I will shower you in imaginary karma.
It will be beautiful.

Fifths wrote:

So, am I the only one mentally unstable enough to do this, or do you guys ever find yourselves talking to the ponies while watching an episode? Normally, I'm happy to just sit there giggling like a little bitch, but sometimes a passion seizes me that I feel compelled to vocalize. I can think of three notable instances.

1: When Dash and Spike were trolling Twilight when she was trying to stand still for a week. I kept repeating "You guys are bad friends, you guys are bad friends." while wearing a big stupid grin. This was one of those weird instances where Dash does something dickish which I find to be somehow endearing.

2: The mane six were sitting around having a discussion and I felt the need to contribute my two bits. Rarity wouldn't stop talking however, so I paused the video and told her "shut up, I'm trying to say something" I felt kind of bad about that though, so I curtly apologized and made my point.

3: Fluttershy gave Pinkie and Rarity that Brutal verbal beat down, what I found to be one of the most emotionally powerful moments of the entire series. So as she is trashing Rarity and Pinkie's special talents, I felt the need to all but yell "Bitch, you run a fucking animal shelter. This episode opened with you getting bitchslapped by a motherfucking rabbit!"

You know, I don't think Fluttershy ever adequately apologized for that either. That shit was pretty brutal.

No, can't say I ever really did that, but thanks for the hilarious mental scene! Particularly your conversation with Rarity, that's priceless (and no, I'm not being sarcastic).

However, about number three…

You just don't understand her pain, you heartless monster.

In all seriousness though, I'm starting to feel like I'm the only one who found Putting Your Hoof Down to be outrageously OOC for Fluttershy. It just makes no sense that a pony who was all "Were we arguing? I'm sorry…" in season one would hand out such a tongue lashing to her closest friends after spending a few hours with Hercule Satan. Discord, I can understand, but this? Yes, I understand that a show like this doesn't really take it that seriously, but what can I say, good characterization is one of the things I fell in love with in FIM. There's only one possible explanation.

*Note: I do think her other episodes, namely, The Mysterious Mare Do Well, Hearth's Warming Eve, and Dragon Quest were all fantastic.

@DeadParrot Below

What in the world are we coming to when all we admire in someone is their flaws? Applejack isn't perfect by any means; but her many character strengths are precisely why I think she's awesome. I happen to really like a character that's stable and sane. Crazy ponies may be good for a gag or ten, but the more reasonable your characters are, the higher the chances are for more complex and deep story-writing, if you ask me.

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 04:00AM EDT

@Fifths
Very true. Don't forget the awesome I Love Lucy scene in the middle, and the simultaneously exciting and silly chase scene at the end. Lots of great stuff in there, although it does bring up the whole 'AJ is best background pony' thing. Even in an obvious AJ episode, everyone remembers Derpy and Pinkie most of all. In my opinion, Rarity said it best in Sisterhooves Social:

Frankly, AJ is just too 'good' to be all that interesting, or for me at least. She's typically the voice of reason and the one most likely to take a step back from the crazy her friends display. While she fills a vital role in the structure of many episodes by doing so, it's the more apparent flaws that other characters have that make them more appealing and entertaining to watch.

@Best background pony
Think of it this way: her fatal flaw is that she works too hard. Some of the others, like Pinkie, have self-esteem/multiple personality issues. She's just too perfect compared to the others, and being too perfect usually makes them a Mary Sue rather than a good character.
I personally think AJ's perfectly fine, if not underloved and I hope to see more of her in season 3.

I definitely don't think AJ's any kind of Mary Sue. Twilight fits that description better, but you don't see her losing any popularity contests. It would seem Applejack is unloved because she actually has a lick o' sense. I ask you, where is the justice in that!

And now for something random again.

Oh, Rainbow Dash, how I hate it when you're cute.

Edit: Did… I seriously just page get with a Rainbow Dash gif? I can't believe this…

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 04:44AM EDT

AJ? Mary Sue? Nawww

Mary Sue's are flawless characters that always win, are always right and/or always get the girl/guy…even when its completely unrealistic to do so. But we've seen AJ lose a couple times. She does have very ideal working ambition and common sense…the kind many of us wish we had but there's a few episodes where even that fails as well.

In fact she's probably the character than behaves most realistically (as far anthropomorphic characters go anyway)

It might pay to look at a few more episodes centered on AJ. She seems to have her share of personal problems so I'm not too convinced that she gets less love because she doesn't have enough of that.

Instead, I have always been under the impression that AJ is simply less relateable to Bronies and that's all the explanation needed as to why she is "best background pony". How many of us here are hard working, productive, modest and southern?

Plus in addition to that, her character just doesn't seem to grab people's attention as much as other characters. Her cuteness gets overshadowed by Flutters, her sportsmanship gets overshadowed by Dash, her energy gets overshadowed by Pinkie, etc

She's almost like a middle child.

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 06:24AM EDT

The reason why AJ isn't as popular as she deserves?

IT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL LAZY GOOD FOR NOTHING NERDS WHO WOULDN'T SPEND A GOOD HARD DAY OF HONEST WORK IF YOUR LIVES DEPENDED IT ON! SHAME ON YOU ALL!

And then there's Dac, a guy who grew up on a farm baling Hay or whatever farm peasents do and he turns into a faggot for Cristiano Ronaldo or some shit and likes Pinkie Pie or Rarity or some other dog gone thing AND I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOORE!

burning_phoneix wrote:

The reason why AJ isn't as popular as she deserves?

IT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL LAZY GOOD FOR NOTHING NERDS WHO WOULDN'T SPEND A GOOD HARD DAY OF HONEST WORK IF YOUR LIVES DEPENDED IT ON! SHAME ON YOU ALL!

And then there's Dac, a guy who grew up on a farm baling Hay or whatever farm peasents do and he turns into a faggot for Cristiano Ronaldo or some shit and likes Pinkie Pie or Rarity or some other dog gone thing AND I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOORE!

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

AJ? Mary Sue? Nawww

Mary Sue's are flawless characters that always win, are always right and/or always get the girl/guy…even when its completely unrealistic to do so. But we've seen AJ lose a couple times. She does have very ideal working ambition and common sense…the kind many of us wish we had but there's a few episodes where even that fails as well.

In fact she's probably the character than behaves most realistically (as far anthropomorphic characters go anyway)

It might pay to look at a few more episodes centered on AJ. She seems to have her share of personal problems so I'm not too convinced that she gets less love because she doesn't have enough of that.

Instead, I have always been under the impression that AJ is simply less relateable to Bronies and that's all the explanation needed as to why she is "best background pony". How many of us here are hard working, productive, modest and southern?

Plus in addition to that, her character just doesn't seem to grab people's attention as much as other characters. Her cuteness gets overshadowed by Flutters, her sportsmanship gets overshadowed by Dash, her energy gets overshadowed by Pinkie, etc

She's almost like a middle child.

Well I am hard working at school I do get a lot of stuff done and don't screw around. I do be productive at home believe it or not, just only when I have home work or when my mom makes me do stuff around the house. I also live in N.C. which is ironically considered to be in the south…

I guess I got more similarities to AJ then I thought. O.o

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 09:50AM EDT

In retrospect, maybe the way I described AJ would describe a lot of people. I was speaking in very simple terms and there is certainly more to her than that.

But disregarding similarities, the biggest question is if AJ is a character you can relate towards and thus favor?

My thinking is that there might be a correlation between between the overall appreciation of AJ and the percentage of Bronies who can find her anything like themselves. And while I'm sure some of us enjoy outdoor field work and country lifestyle, I am sure that there are many more of us who are somewhat the opposite

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 10:23AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

In retrospect, maybe the way I described AJ would describe a lot of people. I was speaking in very simple terms and there is certainly more to her than that.

But disregarding similarities, the biggest question is if AJ is a character you can relate towards and thus favor?

My thinking is that there might be a correlation between between the overall appreciation of AJ and the percentage of Bronies who can find her anything like themselves. And while I'm sure some of us enjoy outdoor field work and country lifestyle, I am sure that there are many more of us who are somewhat the opposite

I like her because she is a pretty kind, honest, that gets things done when it needs to be. She is also family oriented as some other people say. Some people have hard times relating to her.

Unrelated:

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 10:26AM EDT

@AJ discussion
Well, Ric does have a point.
Her southern-like character makes her less-interesting than the others. She's less dynamic as opposed to Dash or Pinkie.

@BSoD
I really don't know if I can relate as much. I was born in the South but I am most unlike any southerner. Even though I do work hard on school work, and do various things with my time, However…I don't consider myself "southern", mainly because I was raised like a northerner and a European. I'd say work ethic (when there is to do) is my only similarity.

unrelated:

Rarity, you have several options:

1. Sneak off and pray that the police don't catch you

2. Apologize to the shopkeep and pay the lost sums in return for not being prosecuted.

3. If you don't have the sums, take a job at Sugarcube Corner in return for not being prosecuted and your pay goes into the lost sums

or…

4. Wait until it's dark, put on a gown and make yourself look pretty, and wait at a streetcorner. Hopefully it's only Spike that will find you and he has enough money. Use the money you get to pay the lost sums.

We all know what happens in option #4, so I would not advise it.

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 10:35AM EDT

CocoaCannon wrote:

@I Post Stuff
Rainbow Dash page?
Maybe?
Alright then….

not to get all fanboy here but really the move who uses that that anyways what a waste of bits
this has been my fanboy rant

@AJ
Oh, god, what did I start?
Less relateable is probably the best explanation.
There aren't a whole lot of similarities between a southern-California suburb and a farm so that even though I share a lot of her general honesty and rationality, it's hard to really connect.
That, and I'm lazy as hell.

@Popper
So that's where this weird Megasweet drawing came from…

@Random
Yay, it's that thing I stopped caring about 3 episodes ago and only continue to watch out of morbid curiosity! Can't actually watch it until I get home so no one ruin it for me! I want to be surprised when a character makes a random,unfunny sexual joke with no provocation!

Come on, everyone! Rainbow Dash page!

@Randomman

That was actually less disturbing than I expected it to be.

HotDiggety's style of humor seems to changing. He's taking himself more seriously and being more creative rather than just using pure vile and stupid crudeness.

I confess, I laughed at Pinkies"horses face" insult. It's funny because they are horses, hurr hurr hurrrrr…I'm going to bed.

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 11:57AM EDT

Wow… I can't say I expected that from PARTY.MOV. That was a lot more creative than I thought it would be. I mean seriously, a documentary on the life of Pinkie? I bet nobody saw that coming.

I also agree with Blue Screen, HotDiggety seems to be aiming towards a more mature sense of humour. It's still a bit crass (e.g. period jokes), but much improved over the likes of DRESS.MOV. I also think his animation is improving in quality, which is quite impressive when you consider he was already pretty damn good at it.

I don't think he beat SHED.MOV or MAGIC.MOV, but it was still really entertaining. I hope he keeps making MLP parodies once this series is over, since I kinda like his messed up sense of humour.

Damn, now I'm really looking forward to SWAG.MOV. I read on his Tumblr that he might be revealing it at a brony convention in LA sometime next month. I'm expecting something big.

Guys, I have some serious news.

I heard a news story this morning that one of the producers for MLP was injured in a hit and run accident here in LA. I've been despratley searching for the story, but from what I've heard, he's going to be fine.

I wouldn't call AJ a Mary Sue, as much as I would say that she is lacking some screen time in a similar fashion to Rarity (yes, I'm still making that argument). As someone who likes to analyze things, I would say her main flaw is pride. This was shown in "Applebuck Season" and "The Last Roundup". She fears showing weakness, and thus she continuously turns down her friends help and attempts to understand her.

She’s almost like a middle child.

Don't remind me.

Rainbow Dash page? Fine, I'll bite.

@Next title

I'm voting for the PM and 3 vote system. Sure, there are people that lurk this thread and our conversations, but I think it's only fair that we be the ones that decide on the next title, given we're the ones that create such topics and continue them.

That, and, I'll be honest, I don't want Stay out of our Shed to win. Despite suggesting it myself. That makes my opinion somewhat biased.

Continuing Mary Sues:

A lot of people are once again going to object to what I have to say, so I'm hoping we can all be responsible about this. Nobody really asks for this, but I've been feeling a need to rant about this since forever.

Am I the only one (other than some of the people that ranted on that page) that hates Nyx with a passion? For those of you that don't know who she is, she's one of the protagonists of the popular fic Past Sins.

(Spoilers abound in this next part, so I'll be white-texting some bits. Read those at your own risk.)
Let's go over her personality traits:
- She's Nightmare Moon reincarnate, and thus is an alicorn goddess
- She's really shy, to the extent like Fluttershy was in season 1. No offense to any Fluttershy lovers (Verbose).
- She's really gifted in magic
- She's loved by everyone (%{color:white}Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon are expected to be asswipes, they don't count%)

Et Cetera. Normally, I wouldn't get so mad at under-developed characters in fics, but the problem I have is that she's so goddamn popular. She gets her own artwork, she has her own Deviantart groups, etc. Despite her lack of believable personality, she's held so highly in the fandom.

Once again, I mean no offense to anyone who likes Nyx or Past Sins. I'm just stating my opinion. I actually sort of liked the first half of Past Sins and thought some parts of it were well-written. I didn't like the second half of it at all, but that's a different story for another day.

Also, for those wondering about my mysterious disappearance from the thread (and site):

I never asked for this. You can expect me to return after I've finished stabbing hookers serving justice in the streets of Detroit.

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 12:38PM EDT

>Am I the only one who hates Nyx with a passion?

Obviously you've never spent very long in the Ponibooru comments section while it was still alive.

However, I must commend you for not getting so ridiculously, rabidly butthurt whenever she's posted like they did.

@Party.MOV:

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 01:13PM EDT

@Muffins, on Nyx
If I may, I'd like to play Devil's Advocate here.

Damn! Faulted again!

Anyway… Past Sins.
Oh, this should be fun!
Honestly, I've never really understood all the hate that Nyx gets. If she is a Mary Sue, she's not a very strong one.
(Spoilers Ahead!)
Your three points specifically:
+Considering that she was created in an unholy ritual and left to die in a forest, her shyness is rather justified. Even then, she really wasn't all that shy. As I recall, she wanted to go out and make friends, but it was Twilight holding her back out of fear of ponies discovering who she was.
+Well, she is essentially Nightmare Moon. We know that NMM is supposed to be a pretty even match for Celestia, possibly even more powerful based on her takeover in the pilot episode.
+She wasn't really loved by everyone any more than every other random side character in the show. As far as they're concerned, she's just some new kid in town. Considering Ponyville's rather kind atmosphere, it would have been more out of character for ponies to treat her like crap without provocation. Not to mention, most were only nice to her because she was in disguise. The instant her identity was revealed, that changed.

By the way, despite most popular opinions, Past Sins was not Nyx's original appearance.
She first showed up in Creeping Darkness (HERE), a highly entertaining Alan Wake crossover fic.
Very much worth the read if you've ever played the game, and maybe even if you haven't.

Just to note, I'm not biased here. I didn't really like Past Sins all that much either. Like Muffins said, the early parts were better that the latter ones and I think the writer left a huge potential for character development on the cutting room floor. It would have been far more interesting (and made better justification for her later actions) if Nyx were 'found out' while still a filly. I was really hoping for a Frankenstein-esque, 'kill the monster because it's different' kind of angle that never manifested. Then, you could guarantee that at least some of the town would go nuts and try to banish/kill her which would actually make some feelings of betrayal evident rather than having Nyx just assume they exist later on.

I just felt like typing this because I have never thought that it deserves either the fanatical praise nor the vitriolic hate that I've seen for it (not that I'm accusing Muffins of this, but there was a lot of it around a few months back).
Overall, it was a good story, but it had its issues.

This has been 'Past Sins in a Nutshell!'
Say 'Goodnight,' Nyx!

Obligatory Rainbow Dash:

@WhitishCollar, below

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 01:32PM EDT

Hi everypony,

i am a new here, but have been a silent reader for some time now. Actually i know kym since the old rocketboom days, but i never thought of registering here or contributing anything.

But the times are changing and if it weren't for ponies i would not be here. As i love to read those pony introductory posts i am doing one as well:

I have seen the MLP craze start about a year ago, but as i have the ability to just ignore stuff, i sort of scrolled over the images and never checked the show out. As the ponies got featured in a kym episode i tried to watch the first MLP episode out of curiosity, which was linked in the article, but i could not finish the episode as the intro had a heavy repellent effect;)

I have never tried to watch the show again until i stumbled upon some fanmade intro based on Game of Thrones. The intro was so well done and the love for the show was so clearly visible, that i just sat there amazed by the bronywork and gave the show a second chance. The result was, that i watched all episodes in less than a week and had to wait two weeks for the final.

Since that time ponies are on my mind, well there is just so much to catch up and check out. It is amazing how much stuff has been produced in less than 2 years and the community is so vivid that it doesn't seem to end anytime soon.

BTT:
I don't like HotDiggety's .MOV series. That stuff is just so cruel and disturbing. I don't have a problem with black humor, but this series is just unfunny. Thus i will just ignore it.

@Takashi
Oh good I thought I was the only one who laughed at some parts in the video
@Mary sues
I wouldnt say Applejack is a mary sue. Most mary sues are more powerful/talented/faster/etc.
Let's do a comparison with Celestia, who I'm sure we all know she's a mary sue
AppleJack
+Fast land racer
-Gets 2nd place medals
-No horn, no magic
-No wings, can't fly
-More of a follower than a leader

Now for Celestia…
+Flies
+Has the most powerful magic in Equestria (except that one time when Chrysalis… you all know…)
+Raises the sun
+The supreme leader of Equestria
+Has a pet phoenix
+Banished her sister to the moon for a thousand years
+Everyone in Equestria looks up to her

Must I go on?

@Hackenbacker
If you find the full story, please put it on here so we can all read it.

@Whitish
Ah, a new member!
I was new about 6-7 days ago…
Lemme give you a brief introduction you to some of our members

RandomMan- Sr. Entry Modder, the supreme master of swag
Verbose-Forum Moderator, loves fluttershy, dont forget to remind him that
DeadParrot- Loves scootaloo, never forget that
Popperfett- Bounty Hunter, lover of Chrysalis

and me?

Well, just gotta let you know that Derpy is best pony.

That's all I'm gonna mention for now, other members here will probably give you more details to the members

Welcome to the forums :D.
oh, and I was a long-time mlp comment section/ image/ forums lurker like you
so I know that feel.

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 01:54PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!