Forums / Discussion / General

232,916 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

Sticky Sticky
Know Your Meme Moderators (Full List)

Last posted May 17, 2023 at 05:23AM EDT. Added Sep 28, 2014 at 11:29PM EDT
45 posts from 26 users

The one we have is buried in the titles thread (credit to Brucker for the original concept) So I figured we might want a more obvious and accessible list.

First off, Titles and Powers

• The webmaster has full control of the site, can do anything admins can and more, and is the only one who can change or add site features. His name is James.
  • Admins have full powers, can create (and remove) mods and custom titles (but please don't ask them to), and have the final say on rules and regulations. They are employees of KYM/Cheezburger. The admins are Brad, Don, Adam, Matt, and Briana.
  • Entry Moderators have full control over the "memes" tab of the site. They can add themselves or others as editors to any entry, can change its status (Submission, Deadpool, Researching, Confirmed), make it a sub-entry, flag it NSFW, and lock its comments, images, and video sections.
  • Forum Moderators can lock, unlock, move, and rename threads. They can also sticky or feature them, both of which prevent an inactivity lock; stickying also forces it to stay on the top of its respective forum. Forum moderators can also edit or delete any forum post, regardless of when it was posted.
  • Media Moderators handle all media on the site, images and videos. They can edit, move and delete media, as well as tag it, and can flag it as NSFW or Spoiler.
  • User Moderator is a hidden title, usually added as part of an upgrade to a 2nd-tier mod (Senior, Research, or Database). People with User Mod powers can deactivate, suspend, and ban users.
  • Comment Moderator is also a hidden title, normally given to 2nd-tier moderators. Comment moderators can mark comments as NSFW or delete them.

Mods with multiple powers have special titles associated with them:

• Sr. Entry Moderators have entry, media and user powers
  • Sr. Forum Moderators have forum, media and user powers
  • Research Moderators have entry, forum and user powers
  • Database Moderators have entry, forum, media, user, and comment powers
Last edited Apr 18, 2017 at 12:41AM EDT

The Mods are as follows, by role. Anyone after a line break is former, inactive, or deactivated.

LNH (Comment)

MDFification
Mr J

Triple Z (Comment)
mona_jpn (Comment)
VanManner (Comment)

Blah-tan
Frketson
Hiroman
Horseeater
Asdfghjkl (Comment)

Gen 0

Captain Blubber (Database)

Gen 1 (February 2010)

Blah-tan (Former Sr. Entry)
Fandroid aka Shadowfury (Sr. Forum)
Frketson (Former Sr. Entry)
Horseeater (Former Sr. Entry)
Jostin Asuncion (Sr. Forum, inactive)
Tomberry (Database)

Gen 1.5

Watcher (Former Media)

Gen 2 (December 2010)

Chris (Former Database)
Doc (Former Database)
Ogreenworld (Former Entry)
Trick Lobo (Former Database)

Gen 3 (June 2011)

Brucker (Former Database)
Drpepperfan (Former Database)
Fuckyeahalbuquerque (Former Media)
Jack Candle (Former Forum)
Sav (Former Database)

Gen 4 (September 2011)

Cyber6x (Database, Inactive)
Hiroman (Former Sr. Entry)
RandomMan (Database, also has Editorial powers)
Syndic (Former Entry)
00CLANK (Former Media)

Gen 4.5 (This was done on the down low and no thread was made, mona was only officially recognized in Gen 6)

mona_jpn (Sr. Entry)

Gen 5 (February 2012)

Mr J aka MrWolfy (Research, inactive)
Oclaf (Former Media)
OCtaPuS (Former Media)
Platus (Database)
Teh Brawler (Former Entry)
Verbose (Sr. Forum)

Gen 6 (August 2012)

HolyCrapItsBob (Forum, deactivated)
madcat (Former Database)
MDFification (Former Research)
opspe (Former Database)
ri (Former Media)
Triple Z (Sr. Entry)
Twenty-One (Database)

Gen 7 (May 2013)

Blue Screen Of Death (Former Sr. Forum)
KZN02 (Former Media)
Unraveler (Former Media)
VanManner (Sr. Entry)

Gen 7.5 (November 2013)

Twilitlord (Former Sr. Forum)

Gen 8 (June 2014)

Alex Mercer (Entry, Inactive)
Crazy Moon aka Harshwhinny aka Sonata Dusk (Forum, Deactivated)
Crimson Locks (Former Forum)
Deltamelon (Media, Inactive)
Jacob (Database)
Loli (Former Sr. Forum)
MScratch (Database)
Natsuru Springfield (Sr. Forum)

Gen 9 (September 2014)

Sir-Soundwave (Media, deactivated)
The Cute Master (Entry, Inactive)

Gen 9.5 (December 2014)

Muffinlicious (Forum)
Particle Mare (Database)

Gen 10 (March 2015)

Lurk (Media, Inactive)
Nyako (Former Media)
Onion Syrup (Entry)
Peacock Roy (Entry)
Twisty (Entry, inactive)
Tyrantrum (Media, banned)

Gen 11 (September 2015)

Baluh (Former Media)
Le Noob Haxor (Research)
Samekichi (Entry)
Synge (Entry)
Wimbleflat (Media)

Gen 12 (January 2016)

Asdfghjkl (Sr. Entry)
ProfessorRivers (Database)
ShiJo (Sr. Forum)

Gen 13 (August 2016)

Space Cowboy (Media)

Gen 14 (January 2017)

Eye Sack (Media)
3kole5 (Entry)

Gen 15 (April 2017)

Jon Bovi (Entry)
Gnairly (Media)

In addition to the powers listed, the mods are wamprats. Every single one of them.

Last edited Jan 28, 2018 at 12:02PM EST

I added a division (below spoilers) in the mod list post so that they're divided by both generation and powers. In the division by powers, those that are former mods or simply no longer active have been placed below the active ones. If there's no details behind them, it can be assumed they're still active in a way.

Twilitlord wrote:

its not like I, the SR FORUM MODERATOR, made a FULL LIST of moderators with me on it

oooooooook

Not with that attitude.

Twilitlord wrote:

The one we have is buried in the titles thread (credit to Brucker for the original concept) So I figured we might want a more obvious and accessible list.

First off, Titles and Powers

• The webmaster has full control of the site, can do anything admins can and more, and is the only one who can change or add site features. His name is James.
  • Admins have full powers, can create (and remove) mods and custom titles (but please don't ask them to), and have the final say on rules and regulations. They are employees of KYM/Cheezburger. The admins are Brad, Don, Adam, Matt, and Briana.
  • Entry Moderators have full control over the "memes" tab of the site. They can add themselves or others as editors to any entry, can change its status (Submission, Deadpool, Researching, Confirmed), make it a sub-entry, flag it NSFW, and lock its comments, images, and video sections.
  • Forum Moderators can lock, unlock, move, and rename threads. They can also sticky or feature them, both of which prevent an inactivity lock; stickying also forces it to stay on the top of its respective forum. Forum moderators can also edit or delete any forum post, regardless of when it was posted.
  • Media Moderators handle all media on the site, images and videos. They can edit, move and delete media, as well as tag it, and can flag it as NSFW or Spoiler.
  • User Moderator is a hidden title, usually added as part of an upgrade to a 2nd-tier mod (Senior, Research, or Database). People with User Mod powers can deactivate, suspend, and ban users.
  • Comment Moderator is also a hidden title, normally given to 2nd-tier moderators. Comment moderators can mark comments as NSFW or delete them.

Mods with multiple powers have special titles associated with them:

• Sr. Entry Moderators have entry, media and user powers
  • Sr. Forum Moderators have forum, media and user powers
  • Research Moderators have entry, forum and user powers
  • Database Moderators have entry, forum, media, user, and comment powers

how does one become a moderator

Jack Black wrote:

how does one become a moderator

Suck RM and BSOD's dicks a lot.

Either that, or actually make contributions to the site, don't be an ass, and hope they pick you when promotion time rolls around. Or both! Both is always good.

Last edited Nov 19, 2014 at 07:11PM EST

Snickerway wrote:

Suck RM and BSOD's dicks a lot.

Either that, or actually make contributions to the site, don't be an ass, and hope they pick you when promotion time rolls around. Or both! Both is always good.

thx m8

LNH wrote:

Just want to point out that the list of mods by the position was never updated.

It was tho??? I updated it right after the last wave.

Edit – oh wait, it seems I actually managed to not add the NEW mods. fixed.

Last edited Jul 23, 2015 at 12:16AM EDT

Twilitlord wrote:

It was tho??? I updated it right after the last wave.

Edit – oh wait, it seems I actually managed to not add the NEW mods. fixed.

You forgot to add that Alex Mercer deactivated.

Get PILLS, against my orders wrote:

Have you considered crossing the names of deactivated mods out like this? It could save up on characters…

Even if I did that I likely wouldn't have room for the next round of moderators at all. It's easier to move it offsite for now. I might switch to a google doc next time I need an edit, and would likely move the mods by generation there since the mods by role is more useful to the average user. Another reason is because some mods have a history of coming back after long periods of time, and there are multiple reasons for people being at the bottom of the list. Seeing as KYM has a history of not forcibly removing mod privileges (except in one case) everyone not marked as Former still technically has powers, and the ones marked as such are on there out of respect.

Twilitlord wrote:

Even if I did that I likely wouldn't have room for the next round of moderators at all. It's easier to move it offsite for now. I might switch to a google doc next time I need an edit, and would likely move the mods by generation there since the mods by role is more useful to the average user. Another reason is because some mods have a history of coming back after long periods of time, and there are multiple reasons for people being at the bottom of the list. Seeing as KYM has a history of not forcibly removing mod privileges (except in one case) everyone not marked as Former still technically has powers, and the ones marked as such are on there out of respect.

Eh, it's understandable. Moving the list off-site does seem like a reasonable option

>not forcibly removing mod privileges (except in one case)

What happened there?

Bumping this so that the list includes more moderators.
Database: Twist, Triple Zed, Peacock Roy
Media: Juicydeath1025, Stoffe, Qnomei, Calwings, Kotor, Freakenstein
Sr. Entry: Samekichi, mx_13, 3kole5, Eglamore, Gas Station Sushi, The Cute Master, C_Mill24
Sr. Forum: Doeoeod, Gnairly

Namaste! You must login or signup first!