Forums / Discussion / General

232,905 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

<:[Dream General]:>

Last posted Mar 07, 2014 at 04:49PM EST. Added Jul 20, 2012 at 01:37PM EDT
556 posts from 115 users

I've only had two sex dreams that I can recall. The first had me on a bed being drawn whilst naked by a (college-aged) girl. Except she was drawing me as a girl because she had some R63 fetish. Then she started to climb on the bed, but I woke up before any freaky sex could happen.

The second one was where I was eating lunch with my friends in my high school cafeteria, when I decided to start masturbating for no apparent reason. Everyone then proceeded to stare at me while smiling creepily.

You know the Aurora Colorado Theater Shooting? Yeah I dreamed that. Except of a shooting there was a nuclear explosion and we were left inside the theater with other people. Then things quickly change to a murder case, a break-in, meeting a serial killer, going to disney land which end up getting destroyed, and then going in to a strategy based. Warhammmer-like battle. At the end we all eat turkey.

inb4 "What."

Also, my sister ones said if there is an animal in your dream for no apparent reason, it's Satan that's watching. So I told her "Well…What happens if I go to the zoo in the goat section?" We then had a lengthy discussion afterwards about this.

Ann Hiro wrote:

So
FalloutXWarhammer?

FEAR 2X FalloutX Warhammer

We still had running electricity, though. We might have had a back up generator

Here's a dream that I posted a while back. It's a weird one and I don't know why I remember it so well.
It had Will Smith’s character from ‘Men In Black’ on a shooting range, then some fat guy with a machine gun runs in and starts shooting people and screaming “BOOBS! BOOBS! BOOBS! BOOBS!” Cut to the Angry Video Game Nerd, with big boobs, reviewing ‘My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic’ for the Nintendo DS. Suddenly, he flies up into space with Rainbow Dash collecting stars…. I wish someone could draw a picture of that.

Disty wrote:

Here's a dream that I posted a while back. It's a weird one and I don't know why I remember it so well.
It had Will Smith’s character from ‘Men In Black’ on a shooting range, then some fat guy with a machine gun runs in and starts shooting people and screaming “BOOBS! BOOBS! BOOBS! BOOBS!” Cut to the Angry Video Game Nerd, with big boobs, reviewing ‘My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic’ for the Nintendo DS. Suddenly, he flies up into space with Rainbow Dash collecting stars…. I wish someone could draw a picture of that.

Well, you didn't name your account 'disturbedbrony' for nothing.

I once had a dream where I was a detective trying to take down a pimp that stole the mane6 ( ponies) so people could …. You know. Pinkie pie was the only one who wasn't taken and she was working with me. Pretty weird

Oh dreams dreams, let me see…hell, haven't noticed most of my dreams/nightmares are really f**ked up…I once had this dream where I was flying around space with wings, yes, wings in my back, as weird as it sounds. Anyways I was flying happily until a cow appears out of nowhere and hits me, then I start to fall into deep space along with the godamn cow. Then BAM! I woke up with a headache. Since that day cows scare me…lol just kidding

Mexx Android wrote:

You know the Aurora Colorado Theater Shooting? Yeah I dreamed that. Except of a shooting there was a nuclear explosion and we were left inside the theater with other people. Then things quickly change to a murder case, a break-in, meeting a serial killer, going to disney land which end up getting destroyed, and then going in to a strategy based. Warhammmer-like battle. At the end we all eat turkey.

inb4 "What."

"We"?
So KYM users?
Did I save us all?
I bet I saved us all.

Wow, last nights dream was all over the goddam place. It's quite literally beyond description. I cannot begin to try and comprehend it.

But it involved, road trips, NZ city planning, driving around town at night,1000 story high sky scraping apartments, earthquakes, building collapse, wild parties, alcohol, lesbians, gender reversal, R63, Kurt Cobain and Minecraft.

No lesbian sex occurred…attempts were made, but failed.

How come I never have any pony dreams? I never have lesbians or mass shootings, either. The only recent dream I remember involved me dying in a helicopter crash along the Hudson. I have been to New York City once. Ever. Four years ago.

@Cite

You probably do, you just forget them easily. The best way to retain a dream is to keep thinking about it after you wake up.

Of course I won't rule out the possibility that you actually don't dream, some people are just unlucky and go years without a single one, I've had that happen to me before. In that case try being active more in your thinking at night and get more REM sleep.

@Exudes

All I found is that it isn't something you can force. I've attempted to give myself a pony dream before and failed every time.

The one pony dream I had came by complete surprise when I was not trying at all.

@Omomom

Possibly, maybe the nightmares are triggered by the sudden horror of realizing you need to change your sheets. Okay, seriously; I have no idea.

@CitationNeeded:
Everybody dreams, but not everyone remembers their dreams upon waking.

@thread:
On the subject of sex dreams, I don't have many (that I recall), but I have had a number of disturbing ones. The thing is, I've found that in my dreams, I often do things I wouldn't do in real life. This happens whether or not the dream is a lucid one. In my teen years, I actually had at least one sex dream involving each of my close family members. All were disturbing, but the worst by far was the one with my step father. Oog. That's not a homophobic thing either, as I have had many dreams in which I was involved in a physically intimate relationship with a man, and those rarely bother me (at least for that aspect of the dream).

I just remembered an interesting kind of dream I've had frequently, and I wonder if some of you who are much bigger gamers than me have had these: Often when I dream that I'm playing a video game, at some point in the dream things unnoticeably shift to where I am actually living out the game. You know, I'd be playing a Zelda game, and I'd notice that I was no longer moving Link around with the controller, but rather I was Link.

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Wow, last nights dream was all over the goddam place. It's quite literally beyond description. I cannot begin to try and comprehend it.

But it involved, road trips, NZ city planning, driving around town at night,1000 story high sky scraping apartments, earthquakes, building collapse, wild parties, alcohol, lesbians, gender reversal, R63, Kurt Cobain and Minecraft.

No lesbian sex occurred…attempts were made, but failed.

BSoD is currently the most interesting in this thread.

I for one haven't remembered a dream in possibly over a year.

Im basically going to quote the post in a thread that I last talked about my dreams:

You know why I couldn’t talk till I was four years old? Because I was fucking to scared to talk and too paranoid:
When I was young enough that I was first able to remember things, when I go to bed and sleep, I end up waking up in the dark, seeing a figure there…just standing…it was a completely black figure…. when it leaves the room…because the hallway turn dark (They don’t like the light obviously). It leaves…and I hear screams…blood curling creams…of my mother..of my family members…of my pets… in each dream was every different person or one of my pets…and it was mostly my mom screams of terror…When I wake up I was scared that this is gonna become real and take my mother away (I was a mama’s boy when I was a child) I followed her and hold onto her as tight as I can thinking I could save her…but in some dreams I see them go away and die right in front of me as it does it’s work…it is why I was afraid of the dark for so long…because when it’s dark or night time in my dreams…it usually means something bad…I can’t remember what it exactly did because I wanted to forget it…I just wanted it to go away… but it some times look at me straight in the face…with red lights that comes out of it’s eyes…pulsating…looking at me with it’s face three inches away..it felt like hours…
Also this happens usually between those bad dreams:
Also some weird dreams when I see the toilet and vacuum cleaner sucks up my love ones like either object ate them…the toilet was more avoidable…but not the vacuum.. also when I go outside and it’s night time every time at some point unless I survive the night, aliens comes and chase me down and abduct me, also if I try to hide in a house and the lights are off, ghosts normally come after me which is kind of worse…it was a challenge to break in a house with lights.
It was terrifying because I was possible 3-4 years of age when a lot of that shit started to happen.
Also could be the reason why I learned how to run before I learned how to walk when I was ten months old…

Edit: Never mind I just figured out how to quote.
Last edited Jul 24, 2012 at 09:51AM EDT

I have a few dreams, although most of them are nightmares.
One of the instances is where I pryed my left eye out with a rusty piece of scrap metal, another where I sawed through my own arm. No one was forcing me to do it, there was no motivation, I just…did. Each time I woke up I checked to see if the parts were still there, and even when I made sure they were I checked the trash for them (That's where I threw the parts after I removed them). Overall I have more self-mutilation nightmares than I'd like, but I'll take what I can get.

Has anyone ever had or attempted to have a lucid dream? Basically, it's where you discover you're in a dream, and upon doing so you can do whatever the hell you want.

There's a whole process you can go through to have one. Here is a guide I found. I doubt it's that simple, but there you go.

Last edited Jul 24, 2012 at 03:08PM EDT

Muffins wrote:

Has anyone ever had or attempted to have a lucid dream? Basically, it's where you discover you're in a dream, and upon doing so you can do whatever the hell you want.

There's a whole process you can go through to have one. Here is a guide I found. I doubt it's that simple, but there you go.

acid/mush, easy

I have some weird dreams. Very weird ones.

Once, I had a dream in which I was traveling the lands of Skyrim and Cyrodiil. When I reached the lands near Whiterun, I found Teddy Roosevelt fighting G1 Starscream. Teddy had a claymore that was colored like the American Flag. I pulled out a orb and scepter weapon combo from nowhere. All the while, I was fighting like I was Guo Jia from Dynasty Warriors. When we defeated him, we traversed the lands of Cyrodiil where we met Nightmare Moon fighting off Ashera from Fire Emblem. We joined Nightmare Moon in defeating Ashera. And then, when we reached the Imperial City, we had to banish Gannondorf to the plains of Oblivion.

Another time, I had a dream in which I was in a diner with Twilight Sparkle, Liu Kang, Link, Freddy Krueger, Cloud, Al Capone, Natsuru, and Ghirahim. We were coming up with a plan on how to kill The Batman, who had become evil. Also, Shao Kahn was our waiter.

Muffins wrote:

I'm always aware that I'm in a dream.
I have learned full control of my dreams, but I usually let things happen, because its more interesting like that.

I had a dream last night that involved Betty White, An unusual turn of events.
People couldn't die, until I had to find the new queen of the underworld to restore order.
I died, with an arrow through the eye, but I did't find the queen yet, so I didn't die… It hurts tho…

@Kairos

Has anyone ever had or attempted to have a lucid dream? Basically, it’s where you discover you’re in a dream, and upon doing so you can do whatever the hell you want.

There’s a whole process you can go through to have one. Here is a guide I found. I doubt it’s that simple, but there you go.

I've tried so many times to get a lucid dream but every attempt has always failed. I just can't figure it out.

The closest I think I ever came to becoming aware of my dream and controlling it was thinking "This dream sucks…oh wait, I'm dreaming, I can just leave."…[WAKE UP]

That guide looks interesting though, I'll check it out

@ANN

I have learned full control of my dreams, but I usually let things happen, because its more interesting like that.

How the hell do you do that?

More dreams incoming: I dreamed I was living in my old student apartment again with my same old asshat flatmates. Except there were Giant 15cm centipedes crawling around outside including 2 on the lawn

There was a 3rd giant centipede crawling on the walls of the apartment living room and although I'm not afraid of centipedes IRL, in this particular dream I had a deathly phobia of giant centipedes and I completely flipped my shit. I grabbed a flatmates jandal and started attacking the giant centipede relentlessly much to my flatmates amusement.

The centipede was tough, it just would not die even after breaking off parts of its body and chasing it outside onto the lawn. At one point it also stole my chopsticks. Not sure how it did that so now I was beating a giant centipede to death with a jandal in a desperate attempt to get my chopsticks back.

Finally the centipede died and I recovered my stolen chopsticks but it turns out the jandal was made of balsa wood and I had totally destroyed it by using it as a weapon. The flatmate who owned the footwear saw this and was utterly pissed. He yelled and screamed at me for destroying his shoe and sulked off somewhere.

I went back to my dorm and noticed something. My flatmates were gone, my door was open and the two Giant Centipedes I noticed on the lawn earlier were gone too. Those assholes…I knew what they had done.

I started searching my room for giant centipedes, I checked places were jackass flatmates might hide bugs in your stuff like under bedsheets or under chairs. I finally found two of them, purposefully placed inside the arm holes of a jacket, I evicted the bugs immediately. After that I went in search of my flatmates because they were due for some ass whooping!…But I woke up.

Midway through that dream I also found some items on TF2 including 3 name tags and some strange weapons and unusual hats…after waking up I checked TF2 to discover that those finds did not in fact happen.

Umm… I had a dream where I was playing in the orchestra with my female friend and the girl I am in love with. Well, not in love but you know what I mean.

Skip ahead to the part where female friend and I are roaming very narrow purple and pink hallways and ending up in rooms filled with dolls and action figures that look very sad and depressed. Then we come to a dark room with a very narrow beam of light filtering in through a hole in the ceiling. Three dolls are sitting there watching a television. The dolls are Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup.

Cut to the orchestra concert, where we play a few songs. There is an intermission. At the intermission, me, female friend, super crush, and female friend's boyfriend are standing at a table. Female friend and I are on one side, and the other two are across from us. Super crush and boyfriend announce that they are going out now and have a long kiss. Female friend and I are super pissed and we both start crying as we begin to plot revenge on them.

So what the fuck does this mean? Like the two parts that are separate? What the fuck guys. What. The fuck.

Last edited Jul 25, 2012 at 10:06AM EDT

@bluescreen
Well I started to curve what I wanted to dream at 5 years old.
You start thinking of what you want before you go to sleep.
Try to stay conscience, but asleep as long as possible.
Try to curve what you want in your dream.
I started at 5 years old.
Im almost 19.
Can you see how I did that?
I have 14 years of experiance involving lucid dreaming…..
At this point I can feel the texture of smooth skin as I caress her in my dreams.

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Trash Boat is (spoiler) W.W. wrote:

A relevant question for this thread.

D'awwwwwwwww
x3
Have you ever had a dream s, that,that, you, um, you, wuw, could do, you do, you wants, you could do so, (etc.)

I remember back in 6th grade I learned a tip on how to control my dreams: look at your hand (in the dream, of course), and you can either think or say what you want to happen and it'll happen.
Oddly enough, it worked when I tried it out. But after a while, it didn't work anymore.
I just don't know what went wrong.

I didn't start having dreams with ponies in them until I started reading the books I read on my Kindle before I go to bed in the character's voices. Their inclusion in my dreams have ranged from Rainbow Dash on a book cover to having a bunch of ponies physically there. The first one I had was with me going to some kind of big wooden theater with Lyra running inside and Fluttershy inside some kind of energy bubble. When I was inside, I was looking for Pinkie Pie for some reason; I remember seeing someone that had the front part of Pinkie's hair (shape, not color).

Sometimes I get story ideas (for cartoon-type stuff) from my dreams. One part of a dream I can remember at the moment is where this guy puts on some old clothes he found in a closet and goes into a bathroom. There's a bright flash, and the guy comes out of the bathroom acting differently. My character in the dream finds some sort of electrical appliance with exposed wires and I figure out an electric shock changed the guy.
I've already thought of an adaptation and expansion on this idea. If I get to work on an animated TV show one day, you might see this as an episode.

I dreamed that I was with my sister and we were fighting a giant lizard. When killed him, he exploded and gummi bears came out….

I'm not kidding. This happened.

Muffins wrote:

I know of a much easier tool to use that gets you the exact same results. it's called…

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@ANN

So you are saying that I need a decade of experience and practice in order to learn how to lucid dream?

Darn…

Well no…
Just start NOW, and see how long it can take you to get a grasp on lucid dreaming.

@ANN

Very well.

@Mexican

Those are the best kind of dreams: the awesome ones filled with ass kicking

I'll never forget the dream where I was a combination of Batman and the Master Chief (Think; bat styled Mjolnir armor with all the features from both Halo and Batman) and I flew around on a jetpack in Gotham city while blowing up Nazi's SS squads and Panzer tanks with a badass rocket launcher.

Best. Dream. Ever

@BSoD et al.
Anyone can do lucid dreaming, but it's tricky, and it doesn't always work the way you expect or want it to. I actually learned to lucid dream when I was very young, and it was simply a matter of noticing that I was dreaming, then anything would be possible. I think everybody who is able to do this goes through phases of success and failure, however. There have certainly been times when I've been in a bad situation in a dream, but then notice it's a dream; I decide that a great way to get out of my situation would be to simply fly away--something akin to Peter Pan in that I get my happy thought ("Oh good, it's only a dream!") and then simply shoot up into the sky--but when I attempt it, I find myself only able to hover a few inches off the ground. Or I'll find myself being attacked by a vicious animal, and think, "I'll just will it to be my friend; after all, this is all in my mind, right?" only to have it continue the attack with greater fervor.

Muffins wrote:

Lucid dreaming thread?
Lucid dreaming thread.

I had one yesterday, sleeping on a friend's couch. It seems like every time I have a lucid dream (Always out of the blue, because I don't actively attempt to have them anymore) I do everything I can to keep myself firmly grounded in the dream, but always end up drifting out of it. It's odd, I suddenly regain consciousness of my body, everything in the dream disappears, and I'm left staring at the backs of my eyelids. It even seems like I sabotage myself too. I think of my body, and within a few seconds I've lost the dream. Really pisses me off.

Reticent wrote:

Lucid dreaming thread?
Lucid dreaming thread.

I had one yesterday, sleeping on a friend's couch. It seems like every time I have a lucid dream (Always out of the blue, because I don't actively attempt to have them anymore) I do everything I can to keep myself firmly grounded in the dream, but always end up drifting out of it. It's odd, I suddenly regain consciousness of my body, everything in the dream disappears, and I'm left staring at the backs of my eyelids. It even seems like I sabotage myself too. I think of my body, and within a few seconds I've lost the dream. Really pisses me off.

Now that scares me, becouse I had that kind of dreams for 5 days. I found myself floating over my body, still concious but without control, I wanted to wake up but I couldn't. And at 3 am, I was waiting for my eyes to close, for my godamn cat to stop biting my fingers and to my mind to relax and finally have a normal dream, which is extremelly difficult to me.

Suspended wrote:

Now that scares me, becouse I had that kind of dreams for 5 days. I found myself floating over my body, still concious but without control, I wanted to wake up but I couldn't. And at 3 am, I was waiting for my eyes to close, for my godamn cat to stop biting my fingers and to my mind to relax and finally have a normal dream, which is extremelly difficult to me.

Hmm, I'm not sure if that's sleep paralysis or a dream. If you can't move, probably sleep paralysis with hypnagogia. Don't worry, it's probably not associated with anything serious. It can be scary for some, but as long as you don't panic you should be fine. To find out if it's a dream or just sleep paralysis, first try closing your eyes and imagining yourself in another place, preferably one that you've already been to and can easily visualize. If that doesn't work then it's sleep paralysis. In this case just shut your eyes and try and get some sleep. (Even if your brain tells you you're hovering over your own body, which is pretty damn cool.)

If you're interested in this kind of thing, then I suggest you check out this awesome book called Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming. It's written by the pioneer of lucid dreaming research (Yes, it's scientifically verified, not new age BS), and is probably the most extensive book you can find on lucid dreaming. Excellent read.

Last edited Jul 27, 2012 at 08:14PM EDT

GUIZE! I think I came close to having a Lucid dream last night

I was in a dream where I was in the Minecraft Netherworld (which was strangely flooded with water instead of lava). When suddenly multitudes of huge robotic machines with an appearance similar to the Colossi of Starcraft 2 (albeit a blockier Minecraft styled version) started spawning in mass and attacked me with their thermal lances (that's Starcraft language for Death Rays).

I was chased into a small dead-end cavern by the hordes of giant machines. Since they were huge I figured I could hide in the small tunnels, but since this is minecraft the machines were able to destroy the surrounding rock and tunnel their way towards me, getting closes and closer

Then suddenly I realized: "Wait…I'm dreaming, why am I doing this to myself?" and then I summoned this massive badass rocket launcher and nuked those machines with rapid fire rocket spam. Then I summoned the BFG 9000 from Quake with infinite ammo and went on a rampage.

However the dream seemed to quickly lose stability at this point. I began to lose the immersion and gain consciousness. I experienced something Brucker described earlier: I ended up just staring at the back of my eyelids, totally awake. The dream was reduced to just a thought and I could no longer return to it.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!