Part of a series on Creepypasta. [View Related Entries]
[View Related Sub-entries]
PROTIP: Press 'i' to view the image gallery, 'v' to view the video gallery, or 'r' to view a random entry.
Trollpastas, also known as Trollfic, is a sub-genre of creepypasta stories and fanfictions that are intentionally written with poor grammar and cliched plot devices for comedic effect.
The earliest known trollpasta story "Then Who Was Phone?" was posted in 4chan's /x/ (paranormal) board on March 28th, 2008, describing a phone call from a woman's deceased father (shown below).
John Wojcik started a blog called "Ghastly Macaroni" containing trollpastas. On August 16th, 2010, the trollpasta story "Teh Day of All Teh Blod", which was already on the blog before, was submitted to the Creepypasta Wiki, which describes a man who spontaneously gushes large amounts of blood and is subsequently sent to space (shown below).
On July 21st, 2011, the Trollpasta Wiki was launched as a repository for trollpasta stories. On November 26th, 2012, the French language blog "Trollpasta" was created on Blogspot for poorly written creepypastas. On July 19th, 2013, the "Trollpastas" Facebook page was launched. On August 29th, 2014, YouTuber SomeOrdinaryGamers uploaded a reading of a trollpasta story titled "I Slightly Dislike You!" On December 15th, Urban Dictionary user JeromeAlbert submitted an entry for "trollpasta," citing the stories "And Then a Skeleton Popped Out", "Sonic.exe", "The Day of All Teh Blood" and "Then Who Was Phone?" as notable examples.
For more comprehensive listing of notable copypasta and creepypasta stories that have been identified as trollpasta literature, please refer to the Trollpasta Wiki's category list.
- Then Who Was Phone? is a catchphrase associated with a subtype of creepypasta stories that are poorly written or unintentionally funny. Most typically seen on 4chan’s /x/ (paranormal) board, the phrase bears some similarities to other grammatically incorrect memes like “I Accidentally” or How Do I Shot Web.
- …And Then a Skeleton Popped Out is a parody creepypasta and sarcastic expression used to mock creepypastas that are too predictable in outcome or troll pastas that are poorly written on purpose.
- Mr. Bones' Wild Ride is a custom-designed ride from the computer simulation game Roller Coaster Tycoon 2. The ride purportedly lasted four years of game time for each virtual passenger and included an exit path that led back to the entrance of the ride, creating a never ending loop. The story is often associated with the abbreviation “2Spooky”, the song “Spooky, Scary Skeletons” by Andrew Gold and a creepypasta story of the same name.
Green Text Stories
- Shrek Is Love is a series of green text stories that often contain sexually explicit encounters between the fictional ogre character Shrek and children who pray to him.
- Spaghetti Falls Out of Pocket are a type of bait-and-switch copypasta posted on 4chan to troll others under the pretext of recounting a socially awkward or humiliating situation in greentext. While the plot may vary from one to another, each story ends when spaghetti suddenly falls out of one’s pocket or fanny pack, similar to the twist in Fresh Prince of Bel-Air copypasta stories.
- Fucking Gamestop is a type of greentext stories posted on 4chan containing fake experiences with the American video game and entertainment software retailer Gamestop, ending with the catchphrase “FUCKING GAMESTOP”. These stories commonly involve the intention of buying a videogame, the clerk not willing to follow the customer’s demand, or Gamestop’s used games policy.
- Burst Into Treats is a bait-and-switch copypasta commonly used on 4chan imageboards to conclude a seemingly believable greentext story about a personal experience involving embarrassing or emotionally moving moments. Similar to Spaghetti Stories and Fucking Gamestop, the readers only become aware of the anticlimactic joke toward the end of each story.
- Mom's Spaghetti is a bait-and-switch copypasta derived from the lyrics of Eminem’s 2002 hit rap single “Lose Yourself.” Originating from the 4chan imageboard community, it is a notable example of spaghetti stories that usually start out as a personal anecdote about an embarrassing or socially awkward episode before ending abruptly with a sudden appearance of spaghetti.
- It Was My Privilege is a sarcastic expression used as the punchline in greentext stories wherein gentlemanly courtesy is misunderstood as male patronage, thus mocking the feminist concept of the male-dominated social system known as the “patriarchy."
- John Is Kill refers to a copypasta story that is meant to survey what people were doing at the time of the Beatles singer-songwriter John Lennon’s death on December 8th, 1980. The story, which is marked by improper English grammar and spelling errors, has inspired a number of variations featuring other deceased celebrities and musicians in substitute of the English rock star.
- Everybody Walk The Dinosaur is a copypasta meme originating from 4chan. The point of it is to be telling a really raunchy or interesting story and then abruptly end it with “OPEN THE DOOR / GET ON THE FLOOR /EVERYBODY WALK THE DINOSAUR.”
- I Hate My Job refers to a series of bait-and-switch copypasta stories that typically open with an individual ranting about how miserable his or her life is but progressively reveal themselves to be an iconic fictional character or the premise of a popular fiction. The name is derived from the title of its earliest known instance, a copypasta story in which the narrator is revealed to be the main character from the animated television series Scooby Doo.
- Tree Fiddy is a catchphrase associated with a story about the Loch Ness Monster originally told in an episode of the animated television series South Park. In the context of forums and imageboard sites, the phrase serves as the anti-climactic punchline in bait-and-switch stories that abruptly end with Loch Ness Monster begging for $3.50.
 Trollpasta Wiki – Trollpasta Wiki
 Facebook – Tollpastas
 Blogspot – Trollpasta
 Creepypasta Wiki – Teh Day of All Teh Blod
 Urban Dictionary – Trollpasta
Tupolev Tu-22M Backfire
Dec 31, 2014 at 09:14PM EST
Dec 31, 2014 at 08:08PM EST
+ Add a Comment
Add a Comment